Industry News | August 7, 2012
Smashburger Rewards Record-Setting Olympians
Smashburger, the nation’s fastest growing better burger restaurant, operating ten stores throughout northern New Jersey, is lending its hometown support to Garden State athletes competing in London by offering free Smashburgers for life if they “smash” a world record this summer.
This week, 19 of the state’s best athletes will compete in hopes of becoming an international sports superstar. Any athlete currently residing in New Jersey and competing in London who breaks a world record in their respective sport will be awarded with one Smashburger signature recipe (or create your own) burger, Smashfries, and a drink per week, free of charge—for life.
“There’s nothing more exciting than watching these amazing athletes set and smash world records,” says Scott Gillman, CEO of Mascott Corporation. “We’re proud of the competitors representing New Jersey and thought it would be fun to provide them with a little extra incentive to give it their all in London. We wish them luck and hope we have to deliver on this offer.”
Americans representing the Garden State, include (alphabetized by town):
· Dagmara Wozniak (Avenel) – Fencing
· Tobin Heath (Basking Ridge) – Women’s Soccer
· Rachel Dawson (Berlin) – Field Hockey
· Matt Emmons (Brown Mills) – Shooting
· Michelle Vittese (Cherry Hill) – Field Hockey
· Steve Kasprzyk (Cinnaminson) – Rowing
· Carli Lloyd (Delran) – Women’s Soccer
· Heather O’Reilly (East Brunswick) – Women’s Soccer
· Christina McHale (Englewood Cliffs) – Tennis
· Connor Jaeger (Fair Haven) – Men’s Swimming
· Steven Gluckstein (Highlands) – Men’s Gymnastics
· Julie Culley (Lebanon) – Track and Field
· Asjha Jones (Piscataway) – Women’s Basketball
· Rebecca Soni (Plainsboro) – Women’s Swimming
· Christie Rampone (Point Pleasant) – Women’s Soccer
· Jordan Burroughs (Sicklerville) – Wrestling
· Jeff Porter (Somerset) – Track and Field
· Maya Lawrence (Teaneck) – Fencing
· Nick Delpopolo (Westfield) – Judo
At Smashburger, the secret is in the smash. It starts with 100 percent fresh, never frozen, Certified Angus Beef that is smashed on a 400 degree flat grill to sear in its juicy flavor.
To further the “better burger” experience, its delicious burgers are served on a toasted artisan bun and topped with a selection of the freshest produce, real cheeses, and highest-quality condiments.
Smashburger’s juicy burgers are served alongside its hand-spun Häagen-Daz shakes, IBC root beer floats in frosted mugs, tempting sides, and regional menu items crafted to please local palates.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems