Industry News | April 19, 2012
Smoothie King Powers Up with Breakfast Campaign
Smoothie King announced today its We Power Mornings campaign, a new initiative focusing on functional breakfast smoothies that will help guests Get Lean, Get Strong, Get Healthy, and Get Going.
The We Power Mornings campaign will highlight signature smoothies that provide much needed vitamins, minerals, and energy to jump-start and power through the day.
Continuing its commitment to offering guests nutritional, fresh-blended, tasty smoothies and other healthy retail products, Smoothie King’s We Power Mornings campaign features a number of options to help kick-start any morning. With several functional smoothie options, customers can select a breakfast that is tailored to their individual needs, including:
- Get Lean with the bestselling exclusive Lean1 weight loss powder. The Lean1 smoothie is 100 percent lactose free and offers 20-30 grams of protein
- Get Strong with the Gladiator. Packed with 45 grams of protein, the smoothie fuels your muscles and brain for any tough morning
- Get Healthy and slim down with the Slim-n-Trimsmoothie. At 300 calories, it is filled with potassium to stimulate brain function at those early hours of the day
- Get Going with the Yogurt D-Lite, a low-fat, all natural, vanilla frozen yogurt smoothie, packed with just enough protein to get you up and keep you going.
“For most Americans, mornings can be very hectic and we want to make sure we provide quick and healthy alternatives to help power through the day,” said Steve Kuhnau, co-founder and CEO of Smoothie King. “We know that not every person has the same nutritional needs so our goal is to offer a variety of functional smoothies that not only make you feel great, but taste great.”
Along with We Power Mornings breakfast campaign, Smoothie King is inviting guests to infuse music in their mornings with its Better Breakfast Beats contest. Smoothie King, in partnership with Universal Music Group, will offer guests a chance to be featured in a future radio commercial by submitting a “get your morning started” jingle via the Facebook Fan page.
All entrants will receive an exclusive coupon and one lucky winner will win a guitar signed by Universal Music artist, Colbie Caillat.
“Mornings set the precedent for the rest of the day and there are a lot of unhealthy breakfast options out there trying to derail us,” says Cindy Kuhnau, co-founder and senior executive vice president of Smoothie King. “Smoothie King is committed to providing healthy options to start the day off on the right foot, and the Better Breakfast Beats contest adds a bit of fun to the mix.”
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems