Industry News | March 17, 2011
Social Media Not Just for Photos, Friends Anymore
Exit41 signed three new restaurant clients for its social ordering solution, which includes integrated online, mobile, Facebook and phone-in ordering applications for takeout, delivery and catering.
With Exit41's social ordering solution, consumers can place food orders from the restaurant's Facebook page and share and "Like" their favorite menu items within their social network, enabling the restaurant to grow online revenue, monetize social media investments and build loyal, more profitable customer relationships.
The three new restaurant clients that have identified social ordering as a strategic growth initiative for their business include:
- Bertucci's Italian Restaurant, a Northeast-based chain with 94 locations who will be marketing its web, mobile and Facebook ordering capabilities as a key component in growing its "Brick Oven To Go" business
- Sweetgreen, a D.C.-based chain serving all-natural salads and frozen yogurts recently named one of FastCausual.com's Top 100 Movers and Shakers, who sees social ordering as a natural fit into the Sweetgreen brand embracing food, lifestyle and community
- Le Pain Quotidien, (meaning "the daily bread") an international chain of 150 bakery-cafes across 18 countries serving simple boulangerie fare, who will offer social ordering for its US-based locations, including metropolitan areas with heavy to-go business in New York, Los Angeles and D.C.
"Our customers are increasingly using the web and mobile to view our menus, find locations and make plans for lunch or dinner. We need to give them tools to further engage with our brand and convert these interactions into sales," says Skip Weldon, senior vice president of marketing, Bertucci's Italian Restaurant. "Our take-out business is a major revenue driver for us, and our partnership with Exit41 is critical to opening up new sales channels that will build continued revenue growth of this business and drive customer loyalty."
As part of Exit41's strategy for connecting restaurants to the social web, the company provides a consultative approach to partnering with its clients and fully understanding their unique business imperatives around revenue growth, brand equity and customer loyalty. Then, Exit41 works with clients to develop and execute on a "Social Ordering Roadmap" – a plan to guide the tactical implementation of social ordering across the enterprise and ensure success and achievement of business objectives.
"We are thrilled to have been chosen by Bertucci's, Sweetgreen and Le Pain Quotidien as their social ordering partner," says Chet Barnard, CEO of Exit41. "We are seeing more and more restaurants identifying both online/mobile ordering and social media as key strategic initiatives. Exit41 is uniquely positioned to tie the pieces together in a powerful solution that enables the restaurant to achieve its unique brand, revenue and customer growth objectives."
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems