Industry News | December 12, 2008
South American Expansion for Quiznos
1. On October 9, 2008 a 120-seat free-standing Quiznos restaurant was opened in Managua, Nicaragua. This was the third Quiznos restaurant to be opened in the country of Nicaragua and is one of the largest Quiznos restaurants in the world.
2. On October 28, 2008 an inline Quiznos restaurant with drive-thru service, along with 56 seats opened in Tegucigalpa, Honduras. This marked the ninth unit to open in the country of Honduras.
3. On November 6, 2008 a food court Quiznos restaurant with delivery service opened in the Oakland Mall in Guatemala City, Guatemala. This was the 7th unit to open in Guatemala.
4. And on November 14th, the 15th Quiznos restaurant in Costa Rica was opened at Mall Desamparados which is in San Jose, Costa Rica.
QSR International's first four restaurants in Venezuela are all under construction and scheduled to open in the first quarter of 2009. These restaurants will be opening in the following locations: La Granja Shopping Center in Valencia, Metropolis Shopping Center in Valencia, Sambil Shopping Center in Valencia, and Lider Shopping Center in Caracas.
These restaurants are being opened by Sub Q Corporation, a Quiznos Area Developer in Venezuela. The principals of Sub Q Corporation are veterans of the restaurant industry with over 15 years of experience developing and operating Papa Johns and Burger King franchises. The group is also vertically integrated and, through separate entities, they own and operate a large industrial bakery. Sub Q Corporation is committed to opening a minimum of 50 Quiznos restaurants in the next four years.
“We are pleased to be working with such an experienced restaurant developer and are confident in their abilities to successfully grow the Quiznos brand rapidly and professionally in Venezuela”, says Richard Eisenberg, president of QSR International.
With 51 Quiznos restaurants open, Quiznos has become a large international sandwich chain in the region. With an additional 60 franchises already sold and scheduled to be opened in the next few years, Quiznos has also solidified their position as one of the fastest-growing restaurant brands in the region.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems