Industry News | July 10, 2012
Starbucks Adds Refreshers Drinks to Beverage Line
Starbucks Coffee Company today announced the availability of handcrafted Starbucks Refreshers beverages, a global breakthrough beverage innovation that delivers a distinctly new take on thirst-quenching refreshment while providing a natural boost of energy from green coffee extract and real fruit juice.
Customers can enjoy Starbucks Refreshers beverages in Very Berry Hibiscus and Cool Lime flavors at participating Starbucks stores in the U.S. and Canada, as well as 15 markets internationally.
The green coffee extract used in Starbucks Refreshers beverages is made from unroasted 100 percent arabica beans, resulting in low calorie refreshment with a boost of natural energy from caffeine that tastes nothing like traditional brewed coffee.
“Innovation is at the core of everything we do. As the coffee category continues to evolve, our customers expect more and we are committed to bringing uniquely relevant products to market,” says Cliff Burrows, president Starbucks Americas. “The introduction of Starbucks Refreshers beverage platform, featuring green coffee extract, is an innovative extension of the coffee market and is the perfect solution for customers looking for a boost of natural energy and thirst-quenching, delicious refreshment.”
The latest innovation in the successful Starbucks VIA Ready Brew portfolio, Starbucks VIA Refreshers instant beverages answer a new refreshment need state during the afternoon day part while delivering Starbucks quality beverages in an instant form, giving customers a boost of natural energy from real fruit juice and green coffee extract. Starbucks VIA Refreshers instant beverages will be available in Very Berry Hibiscus and Cool Lime flavors at Starbucks stores in the U.S. as well as Starbucksstore.com.
On Friday, July 13, from 12-3 p.m. local time, customers can visit participating U.S. and Canada stores and enjoy a free Tall handcrafted Starbucks Refreshers beverage, courtesy of Starbucks while supplies last.
Starbucks Refreshers beverages are offered in multiple formats, making it easy for our customers to reenergize wherever they are:
- Handcrafted Starbucks Refreshers beverages: Made with green coffee extract, a natural source of energy, and real fruit juice to create a thirst-quenching, low calorie beverage. Available in Very Berry Hibiscus with real berries and Cool Lime with real lime slices at participating Starbucks company-operated and licensed stores in the U.S., Canada, and 15 markets internationally, including Brazil, UK/Ireland, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, China, Japan, South Korea, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
- Starbucks VIA Refreshers instant beverages: Starbucks VIA Refreshers instant beverages are a perfect solution for refreshment on the go with a boost of natural energy from green coffee extract and real fruit juice. Available in Very Berry Hibiscus and Cool Lime flavors at participating Starbucks company-operated and licensed stores in the U.S as well as Starbucksstore.com for $5.95 per five-pack.
- Ready-to-Drink Starbucks Refreshers beverages: Available in lightly sparkling Raspberry Pomegranate, Strawberry Lemonade, and Orange Melon flavors at select grocery locations in the U.S. and Starbucks stores in the U.S.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems