Industry News | March 24, 2009
Starbucks Unveils New Retail Ice Cream Line
The line is now rolling into grocers across the U.S. and will be widely available by early spring. Imaginative ingredient combinations are sure to satisfy every palate:
- For the caramel lover, Caramel Macchiato swirled Coffee and Vanilla ice creams with ribbons of golden caramel
- For the chocolate connoisseur, Mocha Frappuccino swirled Coffee and Chocolate ice creams
- For the Starbucks aficionado, Java Chip Frappuccino Coffee ice cream with dark chocolaty chunks
- For the purist-at-heart, Coffee swirled Coffee and Espresso ice creams
"Our new ice cream line is an artful adaptation of some of our most popular hand-crafted beverages," says Mary Theisen, director, business development, Starbucks Global Consumer Products. "We're pleased to offer consumers a delicious and indulgent ice cream experience that is unmistakably Starbucks."
Consumers can easily recognize Starbucks ice cream in the freezer aisle, thanks to a clean packaging design that mirrors the iconic white Starbucks cup. Pints are available at grocers and mass retailers for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $3.99. Java Chip Frappuccino is also offered in a 3.6 fl. oz. single-serve cup for $1.29 (SRP).
Additionally, individually packaged Mocha and Coffee novelty bars are available at convenience stores for $2.49 (SRP). Both flavors feature decadent ice cream inside a luscious coat of milk chocolate.
Starbucks ice cream was first introduced in 1996. The new Starbucks ice cream line is manufactured, marketed, and distributed through an exclusive licensing agreement between Starbucks and Unilever, which was announced in September 2008. Unilever also manufactures, markets, and distributes Ben & Jerry's, Breyers, Good Humor, and other ice cream brands.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems