Industry News | November 12, 2008
Starbucks Wants Customers to Pay (Extra) to Play
For customers who come in 10 times a month for a Double Tall Nonfat Latte, for example, a Starbucks Gold membership would pay for itself in fewer than 4 months.
In addition to 10 percent off most purchases, including espresso beverages, food, whole bean coffee, espresso machines, grinders, and merchandise, customers will receive special members-only offers and invitations once they register their Gold Card online. For example, this month, a select group of registered Gold Card members were invited to participate in a rare behind-the-scenes visit to the Starbucks Support Center in Seattle. In addition to joining partners (employees) at a monthly coffee roasting event, registered Gold Card members also enjoyed a personalized coffee cupping with Starbucks team of coffee blenders. Other perks that come with registration are a complimentary beverage on one’s birthday and friends and family days where members can share their discount.
Gold Card benefits at a glance:
* 10 percent off most purchases in participating U.S. company-operated stores, including espresso beverages, food, whole bean coffee, espresso machines, and merchandise. The discount cannot be applied to Starbucks cards, publications, digital downloads, membership fees, and items that are already discounted.
* A free drink when purchasing the Gold Card in-store.
* Tender neutrality. With the Starbucks Gold Card one can pay with cash, credit card, or a Starbucks Card and still receive the 10 percent discount when showing the card at the time of purchase. In addition, the card can be loaded with any amount from $5-$500.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems