Industry News | April 1, 2002
Kids and parents will love the toy premium promotion that features Superman, Batman, the Flash, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, Green Lantern, and Martian Manhunter. The highly collectible toys will be available at participating restaurants May 20 through July 7, 2002.
"We are thrilled to continue our partnership with DC Comics and Cartoon Network by featuring the 'Justice League,' one of their most popular comic books and programs, in a Kids' Pak promotion," says Liz Safrey, communications supervisor for SFAFT (Subway Franchisee Advertising Fund Trust). "These classic fun toys will be a big hit in our restaurants."
The "Justice League" has existed in some form since 1940 when DC Comics' All-Star Comics introduced the first-ever group of superheroes in a comic book series entitled "Justice Society of America," which ran until 1951. DC Comics revived the concept in March 1960, renaming it the "Justice League of America." The League became the longest-running television cartoon based on a comic book when Hanna-Barbera Studios produced it as "Super Friends" (1973), "The All-New Super Friends," (1977), "Challenge of the Super Friends" (1978), "The World's Greatest Super Friends" (1979) and "The Super Friends Hour" (1980) for Saturday mornings--each with new characters added and each produced for ABC Television.
The monthly Justice League of America comic book continues to be one of DC Comic's best-selling titles, consistently ranking among the top 10 in industry sales. The Warner Bros. animation-produced series, "Justice League," premiered on the Cartoon Network on Nov. 17, 2001, and quickly became an audience favorite with children and adults alike. Issue #1 of the series tie-in comic book, which is entitled Justice League Adventures, also debuted in November 2001 and is one of the industry's top sellers.
The Kids' Pak meal consists of a deli-style sandwich, small drink, and a cookie. Additionally, one of the following toys will be available in each meal:
• Batman and Superman figurines are formed from a translucent material that is painted from the inside. These two classic heroes are rich in color and come with detachable bases featuring their individual emblems.
• The Flash and Wonder Woman are detachable figurines featured on crazy straws that twist to form the special shield icon of each character. Each toy also includes the character's emblem.
• Hawkgirl, Green Lantern, and Martian Manhunter are classic articulated action figures. This superhero trio is ready for adventure. A detachable "Justice League" base is also included.
The promotion will be supported with nationally produced point-of-purchase materials.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems