Industry News | May 16, 2008
Taco Bell Launches New Value Menu
The 79-89-99 menu features classic items like the Beef Crunchy Taco and four new products, one of which is the menu's highlight: the 89-cent Cheesy Double Beef Burrito, which is filled with a double portion of seasoned beef and melted nacho cheese sauce. The item will be prominently featured in restaurant point-of-purchase materials and in television advertising.
"With gas prices having soared to more than $4 a gallon in some parts of the country, consumers are looking for creative ways to stretch their dollars," says David Ovens, Chief Marketing Officer for Taco Bell.
The other new menu items are:
* Triple Layer Nachos – Nacho chips topped with Taco Bell’s simmering Red Sauce, warm beans, and Nacho Cheese Sauce for 79 cents.
* Melted Three-Cheese Roll-Up – A flour tortilla filled with a blend of three melted cheeses and rolled up for 79 cents.
* Big Taste Taco – A flour tortilla filled with seasoned beef, crisp lettuce, crunchy Red Strips, cheddar cheese, and topped with Taco Bell’s Creamy Jalapeno Sauce for 99 cents.
An integrated national marketing campaign will launch and support the new 79-89-99 Why Pay More Value Menu, including multiple television spots, radio spots, public relations, new packaging, online advertising, and an interactive microsite. The amount of the budget was not disclosed.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems