Industry News | January 27, 2011
Three Florida Markets Targeted for Dunkin’ Donuts’ Growth
Dunkin’ Donuts announced it has signed agreements with four franchisees to develop 16 new restaurants in the Florida markets of Tampa, Orlando, and Tallahassee over the next several years. Dunkin’ Donuts development throughout Florida is part of a steady and strategic growth strategy, which includes expanding in existing markets while entering new cities across the country to help drive the leading coffee and bakery chain’s growth.
Locations targeted for development include the following:
· Four units are to be developed in the North Central Pinellas region of Tampa by the Adler Group. Led by Jim Adler, Ava Lawrence, and Daniel Burns, the first restaurant is slated to open in 2011 with the remaining three to be completed by 2013.
· Sara and Fred Lin plan to open three restaurants in Central East Orlando over the next several years. The first location is scheduled to open in 2012 and the remaining locations are scheduled to open by 2014.
· Larry Lemos plans to open one restaurant in South East Orlando in 2012.
Eight restaurants will be developed in Tallahassee by existing franchisees Sunil Rajan and Mark Weber. Their first Tallahassee location opened on Bannerman and Thomasville Road in December 2010 and the remaining seven restaurants are scheduled to open by 2014.
“The Sunshine State is a priority growth market for Dunkin’ Donuts in 2011 and we’re excited to expand our footprint in three key markets,” says Grant Benson, CFE, vice president of franchising and market planning for Dunkin’ Brands Inc. “Our secret to success is our passionate franchisees who provide a high level of customer service to our guests every day, and we’re confident our franchisees will cultivate lasting relationships and become an integral part of their respective Florida communities.”
In addition to the development agreements mentioned above, Dunkin’ Donuts is seeking new and existing franchisees to develop restaurants throughout Tampa and Orlando. To drive its expansion efforts, Dunkin’ Donuts has aligned its strategy to support the growth opportunities and consumer needs of individual markets. As a result, the company continues to expand with single and multiunit opportunities with no minimum unit requirements.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems