Industry News | April 11, 2012
Veggie Grill Adds Homestyle Entrees to California Locations
Veggie Grill is excited to announce the addition of eight new menu items. All Southern California locations now offer a variety of homestyle plates as well as additional sandwich, salad, and dessert options.
Veggie Grill’s food is 100 percent plant-based.
“As our brand continues to expand, we want to make sure our menu stays innovative," says Greg Dollarhyde, CEO of Veggie Grill. "We’re passionate about what we eat and we strive to offer our guests creative yet familiar food with a wholesome twist. So far, we are getting a fantastic response.”
Veggie Grill’s commitment to delivering exciting food that fits the lifestyle of its guests inspired a menu of homestyle plates. These new hearty “knife and fork” entreés are meant to appeal to a dinner audience.
- The Crispy Chickin’ Plate features fried chickin', cauliflower mashed potatoes, and porcini mushroom gravy with fresh rosemary and steamin' kale on the side.
- The Blackened Chickin' Plate is served with a refreshing papaya salsa, steamin' kale, and quinoa pilaf.
- The Urban Plate is the brand’s new gluten-free option, featuring blackened tempeh, caramelized onion, and portobello mushroom in a stack with steamin' kale and tomato and avocado salad.
Veggie Grill delved even deeper and developed a series of new sandwich options.
- The Buffalo Bomber sandwich features the famous crispy chickin' tossed with spicy Buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, tomato, and red onion.
- Next is the Crab Cake sandwich with crispy crab cake, tangy tartar sauce, pickles, tomato, lettuce, and red onion.
- Taking a cue from South of the border, VG Rollers offer blackened chickin', cabbage, creamy Santa Fe spread, and tomato salsa rolled in grilled flour tortillas and served with salsa and chili.
- The newest entreé salad option is the B-Wing Salad, which features the restaurant’s tasty Buffalo wings over lettuce, avocado, celery, roasted corn salsa, and cool ranch dressing.
Veggie Grill also has a new dairy-free dessert in its Chocolate Pudding Parfait, made from scratch, topped with chocolate sauce, crushed cookies, walnuts and VG crema.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems