Industry News | March 13, 2013
Veggie Grill Brings Vegetarian Options to Laguna Niguel, CA
Veggie Grill—a West Coast fast-casual restaurant concept committed to redefining classic American food and revolutionizing the way guests eat, talk, and think about vegetarian food—announced that its third Orange County, California, location, in Laguna Niguel, has opened its doors to the public.
The Laguna Niguel opening marks the 17th Veggie Grill restaurant, 11 of which are located in Southern California.
“Consumers are more health conscious today than ever before, and they’re looking for dining options offering delicious food they can feel good about,” says Greg Dollarhyde, CEO for Veggie Grill. “Southern California residents have welcomed Veggie Grill from day one, and we’re excited to open in Laguna Niguel, making it even easier for Orange County diners to enjoy great-tasting, good-for-you food.”
Voted “Best American Restaurant” in the LA Times 2012 Reader’s Choice Awards, Veggie Grill puts a new twist on familiar classics.
The menu offers a full range of soups, salads, burgers, hot sandwiches, home-style plates, desserts, and organic teas, all made fresh to order.
Everything is plant-based and free of animal fat, dairy, cholesterol, trans fats, and high fructose corn syrup.
Veggie Grill’s Chickin’ and Veggie-Steak are specially seasoned and marinated veggie proteins made with soy, wheat, and pea protein.
- Santa Fe Crispy Chickin’ Sandwich, $8.95: Fried chickin’, lettuce, tomato, red onion, avocado, and spicy vegan mayo served on a wheat bun, whole-wheat tortilla, or “Kale Style”.
- All Hail Kale Salad, $8.95: A blend of marinated kale and red cabbage, corn salsa, and agave-roasted walnuts, served with ginger-papaya vinaigrette.
- “Crab” Cake, $8.95: Crispy “crab” cake, spiced tartar sauce, pickles, tomato, lettuce, and red onion served with a side of red cabbage ‘slaw or chili. Veggie Grill’s dish was selected as “The Best ‘Crab’ Cake in LA” according to Laist.com.
- Buffalo Wings, $6.95: Crispy chickin’ strips tossed in spicy buffalo sauce with celery sticks and ranch dressing.
“The Veggie Grill concept and culinary philosophy are simple,” Dollarhyde says. “We serve delicious and approachable plant-based food in a friendly and convenient setting. People who try our food for the first time are always surprised to discover they don’t have to sacrifice any of their favorite flavors.”
The nearly 3,000-square-foot restaurant features modern décor and fast-casual service, making it an option for a quick business lunch, family dinner, and takeout.
For large gatherings at the home, office, or a special event, Veggie Grill also offers catering options.
Laguna Niguel is Veggie Grill’s third Orange County location, with previous openings at the University Center Irvine and Irvine Spectrum Center.
Additional California locations are planned to open in Encino later this month and in San Diego this summer.
Food & Beverage
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems