Industry News | January 29, 2013
Vulcan's PowerFry Series Receives the Blue Flame Award
Gas Foodservice Equipment Network (GFEN) selects Vulcan’s PowerFry VK Series Fryer to receive the 2013 Blue Flame Award for Product of the Year, highlighting the company’s commitment to producing leading technology that supports the Gas Foodservice Industry.
Recognizing innovative natural-gas appliances each year, GFEN’s Blue Flame Award emphasizes the importance of introducing new and improved cooking equipment to the marketplace, and rewards manufacturers’ outstanding efforts in research and development.
Ranked best by GFEN, the PowerFry Fryer was evaluated in multiple categories ranging from creativity, technology, and quality to productivity, safety, and environmental impact.
Its features include:
- FivePass heat-transfer system, which transfers heat to the oil more efficiently, resulting in faster recovery and reduced cooking time;
- SoftStart ignition system, which heats cold oil gently, extending oil life;
- Lower flue temperature, which decreases kitchen A/C costs; and
- Significantly lower idle rate, which reduces gas consumption and saves energy.
“As a leading commercial equipment provider, it’s our mission to help foodservice professionals streamline their operational needs with technologically advanced products,” says Paul Forrest, general manager of Vulcan’s Fryer Cooking Division. “The PowerFry VK Series Fryer exemplifies our efforts to design equipment that seamlessly increases productivity, reduces energy costs, and delivers exceptional cooking results.”
Vulcan will be presented with the Blue Flame Award by GFEN’s chairperson and executive leaders at the NAFEM Show in Orlando, Florida, on February 7, 2013.
The PowerFry VK Series Fryer was also named one of the “Top 10 Most Innovative Products for 2012” by Foodservice Consultant Society International (FCSI).
Food & Beverage
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems