Industry News | February 14, 2011
Whataburger Brings the Heat
Whataburger is heating up February's chilly weather with its Jalapeno Week promotion. Beginning Monday, February 14th through Sunday, February 20th, customers can add jalapenos to any burger, sandwich, taquito, or other entree for free.
"Our customers are no stranger to the heat of our jalapenos; we get about 200,000 requests a week to add jalapenos," says Rich Scheffler, group director of marketing for Whataburger. "Jalapeno Week is a way for us to celebrate our jalapeno-loving customers and also encourage others to customize their Whataburger and turn up the heat."
Whataburger has long offered customers the option to add jalapenos to its menu items. In honor of the jalapeno, dine-in or drive-thru customers will be able to add free whole, sliced, or grilled jalapenos upon request.
Some Whataburger customer favorites include:
- A Whataburger with grilled jalapenos - 100% American beef, mustard, lettuce, tomato, pickles, diced onions, a slice of American cheese, and grilled jalapenos;
- Chicken strips paired with a whole jalapeno;
- Breakfast on a Bun "Ranchero Style" - bacon or sausage, a slice of American cheese, and egg mixed with jalapenos and picante sauce on a toasted bun;
- Grilled chicken salad with jalapenos - blend of romaine lettuce with grape tomatoes, a marinated grilled chicken filet, and sliced jalapenos.
Whataburger's Jalapeno Week is part of Whataburger Serves, a series of themed events designed to share the Whataburger spirit of selfless service with customers, employees, and the community. Some Whataburger restaurants will also celebrate the week by holding jalapeno-eating contests to benefit local charities. Through these contests, Whataburger expects to donate $7,000 back to local nonprofit organizations.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems