Industry News | October 2, 2013
Whoopie Pies, Pumpkin Flavors Usher in Baskin-Robbins' Fall
Baskin-Robbins, the world’s largest chain of ice cream specialty shops, announced the launch of ice cream Whoopie Pies, an innovative twist on the classic All-American dessert, at participating locations nationwide for a limited time only. These customizable treats feature a combination of chocolate cake with a guest’s favorite Baskin-Robbins ice cream flavor sandwiched in between, creating a fun-to-eat frozen treat. Guests can also purchase Whoopie Pie cake pieces as a take-home item along with a pint or quart of their favorite Baskin-Robbins ice cream, so they can build their own Whoopie Pies at home with friends and family.
Through October, guests can customize their Whoopie Pies with Baskin-Robbins’ October Flavor of the Month, Trick OREO Treat, which features vanilla ice cream with orange crème–filled OREO cookie pieces, Baby Ruth and Butterfinger candy pieces, making it the perfect addition to any Halloween-themed celebration. The seasonal Flavor of the Month is also available in a milkshake, by the scoop (in a cup or cone) and fresh-packed pints and quarts.
This month, Baskin-Robbins is also inviting guests to celebrate fall with a lineup of festive, pumpkin, and Halloween-inspired treats, including:
· Pumpkin Patch Cake: New this year, this dessert, decorated as a smiling pumpkin, makes a sweet treat with a guest’s choice of ice cream and cake flavors.
· Haunted House Cake: Spook guests with a sweet treat. This ice cream cake becomes a haunted house with candy corns, spiders, and ghosts.
· Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream: A cool way to enjoy the taste of fall. Rich and creamy, this pumpkin ice cream is sure to satisfy pie-lovers everywhere.
· Pumpkin Pie Milkshake: This frosty combination of rich and creamy Pumpkin Pie ice cream blended with milk creates a fall treat.
· Pumpkin Pie Cappuccino Blast: Pumpkin Pie ice cream is blended with real coffee, milk, and ice and topped with whipped cream and cinnamon to satisfy pumpkin and coffee cravings.
“We’re so excited to offer guests a fun twist on a classic All-American dessert with our new ice cream Whoopie Pies,” says Stan Frankenthaler, executive chef and vice president of product innovation at Dunkin’ Brands. “Our Whoopie Pies are completely customizable with a guest’s favorite ice cream flavor, including our seasonal Trick OREO Treat and Pumpkin Pie. They’re sure to make any fall celebration even more delicious, along with our festive Halloween cakes.”
In addition to pumpkin and Halloween-themed treats, every Wednesday through the end of the year, guests who purchase a “Build Your Own” Two-Scoop Sundae will receive another Two-Scoop Sundae of equal or lesser value for free. Baskin-Robbins’ classic Two-Scoop Sundae includes two scoops of a guest’s favorite ice cream topped with caramel, hot fudge, or strawberry topping and is finished with a dollop of whipped cream, nuts, and a cherry. Baskin-Robbins locations in the New York metro area will feature the Buy One Get One Free Sundae offer every Tuesday instead, and locations in Washington, Oregon, Montana, and most in Idaho will not be participating.
Food & Beverage
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems