“We pride ourselves in designing menus that reflect the tastes and flavors of our guests, and the growing selection of gluten-free food on today’s menus is the result of fans with celiac disease suggesting we further diversify our menus,” says Marc Bruno, president, Aramark Sports, Entertainment & Conventions.
“We understand that food is an integral part of the baseball experience, and we want to ensure that everyone who attends a game is able to enjoy this important feature of the ballpark experience.”
For the 2010 season, Aramark continues to work with its partners to further incorporate gluten-free items on their menus. Following is a sampling of Aramark ballparks where gluten-free fare is available in general concessions.
• Citi Field (World’s Fare Market): Hot dog and hamburger on gluten-free bun, gluten-free snacks, gluten-free beer.
• Citizens Bank Park (Section 128): Hot dog on gluten-free bun, gluten-free beer.
• Coors Field (Section 143): Hot dog, hamburger and chicken sandwich on gluten-free bun, potato chips, cookies and brownies, gluten-free beer.
• Oriole Park at Camden Yards (Charm City Market): Gluten-free crab cake, Asian noodle salad, hummus and vegetables, hot dog and sausage on gluten-free bun, gluten-free beer.
• Turner Field (Section 112): Grilled sirloin burger served on tapioca-organic rice roll, hot dog on gluten-free bun, potato chips and popcorn, cookies and brownies, gluten-free beer.
At ballparks where dedicated gluten-free offerings may not yet be on the menu, fans can contact the ballpark’s concessions manager before their visit to make appropriate arrangements and learn more about items that suit their individual diets.
Aramark partners with 14 Major League Baseball teams: Atlanta Braves, Baltimore Orioles, Boston Red Sox, Colorado Rockies, Houston Astros, Kansas City Royals, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, New York Mets, Oakland A’s, Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates, San Diego Padres, Seattle Mariners, and Toronto Blue Jays, and 10 minor league teams, as well as seven spring training sites to provide integrated food and beverage, retail merchandise, and facility services.