New this year is an interactive online voting component of the competition that gives fans the chance to vote for their favorite local bands throughout the tour. The national winner will have the opportunity to open two concert tour dates for a popular Latino recording artist and play their own music in front of thousands of fans.
“As we’ve discovered over the years, the Latino community is brimming with undiscovered, raw talent,” says Alexandra Galindez, director of multi-cultural marketing for Burger King Corp. “Our Tu Ciudad, Tu Música program embraces Hispanic culture and music on a national scale by showcasing the incredibly diverse talent of Latino music’s rising stars.”
“The interactive online voting component of this year’s promotion will allow loyal fans to actively promote their favorite local bands and heighten the competition,” Galindez says.
Tu Ciudad, Tu MúsicaSM Round 1: Choosing the Contestants Online
The Tu Ciudad, Tu Música experience begins with an online competition in which fans can visit www.BurgerKingMusica.com  and vote for their favorite local Latino music band. Four bands will be selected from the first phase of online voting and go on to perform at the live Tu Ciudad, Tu Música events in their respective cities.
Tu Ciudad, Tu Música Round 2: Local “Battle of the Bands” Concerts
The local bands selected in Round 1 will play their best music in a “battle of the bands” style competition in their corresponding cities on the tour for an opportunity to be crowned the best local band and receive a $2,500 cash prize and a BK branded guitar*.
Tu Ciudad, Tu Música Final Round: Crowning a National Winner
The 10 winning bands from the tour will have a shot at achieving national recognition through a final round of online voting. Loyal fans can once again visit www.BurgerKingMusica.com  to vote for their favorite band and help crown the national champion.
The www.BurgerKingMusica.com  Web site also contains an innovative “Virtual Promoter”, which allows fans to campaign for their favorite bands on social networking Web sites, such as MySpace and Facebook by utilizing digital tools including a “Voting Widget”, Evites, and Web banners.
The winning band will have the opportunity to open two concerts for a headlining Latino artist during an upcoming national tour.
Tu Ciudad, Tu Música Tour Schedule
The Tu Ciudad, Tu Música tour schedule includes the following stops:
- March 8: Dodge Arena (McAllen, Texas)
- March 21: Ramblas Plaza, Dolphin Mall (Miami)
- April 18: St. Mary’s University (San Antonio)
- April 26: AT&T Fiesta Broadway (Los Angeles)
- May 3: Centennial Olympic Park (Atlanta)
- May 10: George R. Brown Convention Center (Houston)
- May 16: Colorado Mills Mall (Denver)
- May 23: Downtown San Francisco
- June 13: 106th St. and 3rd Ave. (New York City)
- June 20: Division St. and California Ave. (Chicago)
* No purchase necessary. Open to U.S. residents, 18 or older. For eligibility requirements, entry instruction, prize details, and other information see the Official Rules at www.BurgerKingMusica.com . More information about Tu Ciudad, Tu Música can also be found via MySpace and Facebook at www.MySpace.com/BurgerkingMusica  and www.facebook.com/burgerkingmusica .