Does your New Year's resolution involve making smart choices to help keep yourself running in 2012? If so, a new Dunkin' Donuts  DDSMART Twitter contest offers you a chance to win a $50 Dunkin' Donuts Card – and perhaps inspire others – by sharing your goal for the year ahead.
To kick off 2012, Dunkin' Donuts is inviting Americans to submit a tweet to @DunkinDonuts on Twitter, using the special hashtag #DDSMARTY, sharing one smart choice or way that will help keep themselves running in 2012. Beginning today and continuing through Friday, Jan. 6, Dunkin' Donuts will select one winner each day to receive a $50 Dunkin' Donuts Card.
For judging criteria and additional terms and conditions related to Dunkin' Donuts' #DDSMARTY contest, please visit: https://www.dunkindonuts.com/content/dunkindonuts/en/promotions/DDSMARTY_Twitter_Contest.html .
To help you eat better and keep running all year long, Dunkin' Donuts' DDSMART menu offers an array of choices for guests seeking better-for-you options without compromising taste, quality, or value. Many of these food and beverages have fewer than 300 calories, including:
- Egg White Flatbread Sandwiches (280 calories) are available in either Veggie or Turkey Sausage varieties. Both are served on wholesome, toasted, multigrain flatbread.
- Wake-Up Wraps are perfect for value-conscious, on-the-go people who want a fast, freshly prepared breakfast option in a smaller portion size and with fewer calories than the usual breakfast sandwich. Wake-Up Wraps are available in several varieties, including Egg White Veggie (150 calories), Egg White Turkey Sausage (150 calories), Egg & Cheese (180 calories), and Ham, Egg & Cheese (200 calories).
- Small Latte Lite has 80 calories and is made with skim milk and Splenda.
- Freshly-brewed unsweetened Teas are all zero-calories.
- Freshly-brewed unsweetened medium Iced Tea has five calories.
All Dunkin' Donuts' DDSMART items meet at least one of the following criteria: 25 percent fewer calories; 25 percent less sugar, fat, saturated fat, or sodium than comparable fare and/or contain ingredients that are nutritionally beneficial.
"Busy people are finding it harder than ever before to eat smart on-the-go,” says Stan Frankenthaler, Dunkin' Brands' executive chef and vice president of Product Innovation. “Our DDSMART menu makes it easy for people to eat better with great-tasting food and beverages that fit into anyone's lifestyle, served fast and at a great value. We remain committed to providing delicious menu choices to help keep people running all throughout the year, and look forward to Americans participating in our Twitter contest."