Just as mornings get more hectic with the start of the school year, Dunkin’ Donuts has unveiled a new, better-for-you breakfast option to kick-start a busy day.
Dunkin’ Donuts introduced Quaker Oatmeal as a permanent addition to the brand’s DDSMART menu of better-for-you food and beverages.
Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants will serve Quaker Oatmeal in two hearty varieties, Original and Brown Sugar, both of which are served with dried fruit.
Quaker Oatmeal will be available at participating Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants for a suggested retail price of $1.99 in select cities and in Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants throughout the country by November.
Quaker Oatmeal joins the many other DDSMART menu items that provide Dunkin’ Donuts guests with better-for-you options without compromising taste, quality, or value.
Dunkin’ Donuts’ Quaker Oatmeal with dried fruit has 270 calories, and the Brown Sugar variety with dried fruit has 300 calories.
All Dunkin' Donuts' DDSMART items meet at least one of the following criteria: 25 percent fewer calories; 25 percent less sugar, fat, saturated fat, or sodium than comparable fare; and/or contain an ingredient that is nutritionally beneficial.
Many items on the DDSMART menu are under 300 calories, including:
· Egg White Flatbread Sandwiches (280 calories), available in either Veggie or Turkey Sausage varieties. Both are served on toasted multigrain flatbread.
· Wake-Up Wraps, which are perfect for value-conscious, on-the-go people who want a fast, freshly-prepared breakfast option in a smaller portion size and with fewer calories than the usual breakfast sandwich. DDSMART Wake-Up Wraps are available in several varieties, including Egg White Veggie (150 calories), Egg White Turkey Sausage (150 calories), Egg & Cheese (180 calories), and Ham, Egg & Cheese (200 calories).
· Small Latte Lite, with 80 calories and made with skim milk and Splenda.
· Freshly brewed unsweetened Teas, are with zero calories.
· Freshlybrewed unsweetened medium Iced Tea, withfive calories.
“Dunkin’ Donuts is committed to meeting the needs of our guests by providing better-for-you choices for eating on-the-go. Expanding our DDSMART menu with the introduction of oatmeal reinforces that commitment to offering a wide array of options that fit customers’ lifestyles and dietary preferences, and keep people running all throughout the day,” says John Costello, chief global marketing and innovation officer at Dunkin’ Brands.