The opening of its 1,000th location, a new advertising campaign, new franchise agreements representing 105 stores, and expansion of the corporate headquarters were just a few of the reasons Edible Arrangements International enjoyed 2012, one of its sweetest years ever.
The pioneer and leader in handcrafted fresh-fruit arrangements opened 70 new locations, including the 1,000th store, located in Cranston, Rhode Island, in 2012. In addition, Edible Arrangements has achieved systemwide double-digit growth for five consecutive years, with 2012 systemwide sales up 11 percent over 2011.
"We reached significant milestones this past year, thanks to the dedication of our franchisees, vendors, and especially our corporate staff and store employees," says Tariq Farid, cofounder and CEO of Edible Arrangements International. "It's due to all of their hard work and enthusiasm that we continue to grow and plan to open 125 new locations in 2013."
Edible Arrangements expanded its corporate footprint with the purcahse of a commercial building adjacent to its Wallingford, Connecticut, headquarters, adding 23,057 additional square feet of office space. The company plans to connect the two properties and create a beautiful suburban campus-like environment.
"With 150 employees at our corporate headquarters, we were quickly outgrowing our corporate offices," says Kamran Farid, cofounder and COO of Edible Arrangements International. "We wanted to expand our property in Wallingford, rather than uproot our staff and move to a new location. Purchasing this building was the best way to make that happen, and we're looking forward to future expansion and continuing to build our team."
Among the company's achievements in 2012, Edible Arrangements celebrated:
- Expansion of its new quick-service option, Edible To Go, which offers on-the-go fresh fruit, fresh-fruit salads, and fresh-fruit smoothies, along with fresh-fruit arrangements.
- The launch of the custom Fransupport mobile phone app, designed to provide franchisees with the means to monitor their stores direct from their iPhone, Android, or other compatible smartphone.
- The debut of a new national television campaign featuring internationally recognized foodscape artist Carl Warner. The commercials, shot with a stop-motion camera, launched in April 2012 and featured actual Edible Arrangement franchise owners.
- The introduction of several new product lines, including the Fresh Fruit Cupcake Collection.
- Signing franchise agreements to open 105 new stores worldwide.