PJ’s Coffee of New Orleans (PJ’s) is proud to announce the opening of several new locations in New Orleans and the region. The coffee company opened six new units in 2012, an 11 percent growth since 2011, with a focus on expansion in non-traditional sectors. New retail locations include Stennis Space Center; the New Orleans International Airport; L’Auberge Casino; Ochsner Baptist Hospital; Houma, Louisiana; Chartres Street; El Dorado, Arkansas; as well as a partnership with Robert’s Fresh Market in New Orleans, to name a few. The company has already opened eight new locations in 2013 and expects to open ten more stores by the end of year.
“This year marks the 35th anniversary of PJ’s Coffee,” says Paul Ballard, owner of Ballard Brands, the parent company that operates PJ’s. “We’re extremely proud of where we’ve come from and where we’re going – expanding in new markets outside of New Orleans, non-traditional sectors, and rolling out new products. It’s an exciting time for the company.”
One area of focus for the company is non-traditional growth, such as casinos, hospitals, universities, hotels, military bases, and airports. Two of its non-traditional models on Tulane University’s campus have been hugely successful – both in the top five grossing retail locations of all PJ’s stores.
“There’s a demand for great coffee in locations where there’s no room for that traditional coffee shop model PJ’s customers are used to,” says Ballard. “We hope to leverage the non-traditional model to get the PJ’s brand out there nationally.”
Additionally, PJ’s has become the brand standard for Royal Sonesta hotels nationwide.
PJ’s Coffee fans will now be able to purchase their favorite coffee at grocery stores with the launch of PJ’s single serve coffee cups. The cups will come in four roasts – Carnival Blend, French Roast, Hazelnut, and Decaf and are also available at all PJ’s locations.
PJ’s roast master Felton Jones says, “Single serve is an aggressive, growing segment in the coffee industry. We have evolved with it; we are doing so without sacrificing taste.”
PJ’s single serve coffee cups will be available at PJ’s locations on April 10 and in select grocery stores on April 15.
Consumers can enjoy PJ’s coffee and fresh pastries at the following new locations opened in 2012 and recently in 2013:
· Ochsner Baptist Hospital – New Orleans
· Doubletree Hotel – Canal Street in New Orleans
· Coushatta Casino & Resort – Kinder, Louisiana
· Houma, Louisiana
· Eldorado, Arkansas
· L’Auberge Casino – Baton Rouge, Louisiana
· Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport – Concourse B
· Roberts Fresh Market – Robert E. Lee in New Orleans
· Roberts Fresh Market – W. Esplanade in New Orleans
· Roberts Fresh Market – S. Claiborne Ave. in New Orleans
· Roberts Fresh Market – Harrison Ave. in New Orleans
· Ochsner Westbank Campus – Gretna, Louisiana
· Stennis Space Center – Hancock County, Mississippi
· Chartres St. – New Orleans
2013 Projected Openings:
· Ochsner Main Campus – New Orleans
· Pontchartrain Hotel – New Orleans
· Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport – Concourse C
· Canal Blvd. – New Orleans
· Gonzales, Louisiana
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by QSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.