Bojangles’ has named ten recipients of its 2013 Bojangles’ Scholarship Award, created in memory of the company’s Co-founder, Jack Fulk. The $1,000 scholarships will support six Bojangles’ teammates and four immediate family members of teammates as they continue their education. The ten recipients of this year’s scholarship include:
· Dakota Beverly of Athens, Tennessee.
· Clark Edwards of Charlotte, North Carolina.
· Christopher Harrison of Charlotte, North Carolina.
· Briyana Jackson of South Boston, Virginia.
· DeErica Martin of Hamlet, North Carolina.
· Nicholas Mensah, of Winder, Georgia.
· Taylor Pinckney of Bynum, Alabama.
· Nicholas Timbers of Fountain Inn, South Carolina.
· Staci Turbeville of Thomasville, North Carolina.
· Elise Vogler of Apex, North Carolina.
“The Bojangles’ Scholarship Program offers our teammates and their family members the opportunity to receive financial support as they take important steps to further their education,” says Bojangles’ president and CEO Randy Kibler. “The Bojangles’ family is made up of hard-working people, and we know Jack would be proud of the support this program provides for these deserving individuals and their family members.”
The scholarships are awarded annually and are available to all Bojangles’ team members and their immediate family members. In this the third year of the program, Bojangles’ selected 36 qualified finalists from the applications submitted and 10 winners were chosen at random from this pool of finalists. Each of the $1,000 scholarships awarded will be used toward tuition for the academic semester that begins in August.