La Madeleine Country French Café announced the expansion of its sandwich menu and debut of four new gourmet, oven-baked sandwiches. This marks the first introduction of new sandwiches for the brand since 2008. The sandwiches feature French-inspired ingredients such as roasted vegetables, premium roast beef, gourmet spreads, and specialty cheeses, including Brie, Gruyére, and goat cheese.
La Madeleine’s senior directory of culinary, Susan Dederen, led a team on a journey to awaken la Madeleine’s sandwich menu by seeking premium ingredients. Dederen was inspired by classic French flavor profiles and signature la Madeleine recipes. Dederen and her team’s vision resulted in a balanced sandwich menu with flavors for every palette.
“I wanted to let our choices of high-quality, gourmet ingredients shine in these sandwiches,” Dederen says. “We spent many months crafting the recipes, sourcing the right meats, cheeses, and spreads to create truly exceptional sandwiches unique to la Madeleine. Our guests will be delighted at how our signature sandwiches, like the French Dip, have been elevated, along with new creations like the sweet and savory Turkey & Brie.”
La Madeleine’s new and existing sandwiches, categorized as Gourmet, Bistro and Signature, are served with the guest’s choice of a petite Caesar salade, tomato basil pesto pasta salade, or salt and pepper chips.
Gourmet – The four new Gourmet sandwiches are oven-baked on fresh sourdough rolls.
· Chicken Provence: Featuring balsamic-marinated chicken, roasted red peppers, and gruyére with sun-dried tomato pesto and mayonnaise. $8.59
· French Dip au Gruyére: La Madeleine’s signature French Dip has been elevated. Now featuring premium, lean roast beef, caramelized onions, and Gruyére with tangy horseradish sauce. Served with a side of French onion soupe for dipping. $8.99
· Turkey & Brie: French-inspired flavors seek a balance of sweet and savory. Ingredients include turkey, caramelized apples, and onions layered with Brie cheese and a creamy goat cheese spread. $8.99
· Roasted Vegetable: A vegetarian recipe featuring roasted red peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, Swiss cheese, and basil pesto with a creamy goat cheese spread. $8.19
Bistro – Due to overwhelming guest feedback, two selections previously only available on the catering menu will now be offered in café.
· Balsamic Chicken & Pesto: Balsamic marinated chicken with basil pesto, Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and mayonnaise served on a freshly baked ciabatta roll. $7.59
· Turkey & Provolone: Smoked turkey, sun-dried tomato pesto, provolone, lettuce, tomatoes, and mayonnaise served on a freshly baked ciabatta roll. $7.59
La Madeleine’s Chicken Salade and Tuna Salade Croissants will continue to anchor the cold, bistro sandwich menu.
The Signature category features la Madeleine’s long-time guest favorites, including the savory Croque Monsieur, Chicken Parisian, Turkey Bistro, and Chicken Caesar.
La Madeleine’s new Gourmet and Bistro sandwiches are available starting September 4 and are a permanent addition to the menu.
Back by popular demand, la Madeleine is offering Carrot Cake for fall from September 4 through October 29. The carrot cake is characterized by layers of carrot cake loaded with freshly grated carrots and sweet crushed pineapple, filled and iced with rich, smooth cream-cheese icing. The cake is priced at $3.99 slice or $29.99 for a whole cake.