Read More About
Recommended For You
"We are pleased to partner with Boston Market to provide our customers with quality inflight food options from a reputable brand name that they recognize," says John Tiliacos, American's managing director, onboard products.
"American continuously seeks to infuse our food for sale program with new products that our customers value, and Boston Market is helping us do just that with new food selections."
Customers traveling on Hawaii flights, Chicago flights to and from Los Angeles and to and from Miami, and transcontinental flights departing after 10 a.m. can purchase a Boston Market sandwich beginning this Friday for $10, the meals include:
* Boston Market Chicken Carver: All-white meat chicken, cheddar cheese, leaf lettuce, sliced tomato and Dijon-mayonnaise served on an artisan roll with Miss Vickie's chips.
* Boston Market Beef Brisket Grinder: Tender beef brisket, provolone cheese, mesclun greens, mild giardiniera relish, and Tuscan-mayonnaise served on an artisan roll with Miss Vickie's chips.
* Boston Market Italian Grinder: Salami, smoked ham, provolone cheese, mesclun greens, sliced tomato, and olive-parmesan spread on an artisan roll and served with Boston Market's light balsamic vinaigrette on the side and Miss Vickie's chips.
On July 1, the sandwiches will be offered on additional routes. Customers traveling domestically or to and from destinations in the Caribbean, Canada or Mexico on flights departing after 10 a.m. and lasting three hours or longer can enjoy a Boston Market sandwich created exclusively for American Airlines.
In addition to the sandwiches, Boston Market salads will debut on American Airlines flights to and from Hawaii and on transcontinental flights departing after 10 a.m. on June 1. The following three selections are available for $10 each:
* Chicken Caesar Salad: Crisp romaine lettuce topped with all-white meat chicken and parmesan, romano and asiago cheeses. Served with creamy Caesar dressing and SunChips.
* Market Chopped Salad: Crisp romaine and mesclun greens topped with all-white meat chicken breast, crunchy yellow and green zucchini, broccoli, dried cranberries, and toasted sunflower seeds. Served with champagne vinaigrette dressing and SunChips.
* Italian Chopped Salad: Crisp romaine and mesclun greens topped with salami, smoked ham, sliced tomatoes, crunchy yellow and green zucchini, broccoli, parmesan, romano, and asiago cheeses. Served with light balsamic vinaigrette dressing and SunChips.
"We are excited to partner with American Airlines and to bring Boston Market quality products to their customers," says Richard Davis, Boston Market's vice president, culinary innovation.
"This selection of sandwiches and salads were developed specifically for American Airlines to offer travelers a satisfying, nutritious meal."
American launched its food-for-sale program four years ago with the goal of providing quality food items for purchase in the main cabin. The airline regularly updates the offerings to provide customers with choice and variety.