As the weather warms up, Au Bon Pain announced seasonal flavors and even more healthful menu choices for its guests with the release of its Late Spring Limited Time Only Menu, available April 26 to June 20. The updated menu incorporates some of the season’s most sought-after ingredients at the peak of freshness for innovative salads, sandwiches, and bakery offerings, including the all-new Chicken, Strawberry & Watermelon Salad, and Power Protein Breakfast Sandwich, which is available all day. Other limited-time offerings include the Baja Steak Wrap, Blueberry Danish, Lemon White Chocolate Cookie, and Turtle Lattes.
For salads, the new Chicken, Strawberry & Watermelon Salad offers nutrient-packed kale with the bright flavors of fresh watermelon, strawberry, tomato, and Feta cheese. On the sandwich side, the new Power Protein Breakfast Sandwich delivers 22 grams of protein and features fresh tomato, avocado, spinach, eggs, and Cheddar on toasted whole grain wheat bread.
“Our new menu items offer the essential tastes of spring that take full advantage of what’s in season right now,” says Katherine See, Au Bon Pain’s executive chef. “We’ve added fresh strawberries and watermelon to our salad ingredient lineup; fresh avocados, tomatoes, and spinach to our breakfast sandwich options; and lighter lemon, strawberry, and blueberry flavors in our bakery offerings. Our commitment to innovation is a continuous effort that evolves with each menu to be sure that we are paying close attention to the needs of our customers and the trends that are moving the industry forward.”
Playing on the fresh flavors of the season, one menu item that brings everything full circle without compromising flavor is the new Baja Steak Wrap that combines marinated sirloin, fresh avocado, roasted corn, black beans, tomatoes, a three-Cheddar blend, crispy wontons, romaine, and avocado Greek yogurt dressing. In addition, Au Bon Pain is highlighting its popular Napa Chicken wrap as a featured offering throughout its Late Spring Event.
Au Bon Pain’s newest bakery offerings are infused with fresh fruit flavors that can be found in the new Strawberry CroisBun, Blueberry Danish, Lemon Drop Cupcake, and Lemon White Chocolate Cookie. Customers can also enjoy fresh strawberries in both the Strawberry Fruit Cup and Greek Vanilla Yogurt & Strawberry Parfait.
“We are always striving to reinforce our goal of providing balanced and nutritious options to our guests with each new menu launch,” says Au Bon Pain’s chief brand officer Maria Feicht. “Our new Late Spring Menu taps into our guests desire to eat lighter during the warmer months while enjoying craveable, innovative twists on flavorful favorites of the spring season.”
Additionally, on May 10 from 2 to 5 p.m., Au Bon Pain will host Free Mudslide Cookie Day at participating cafés. To celebrate this customer favorite, guests can stop by during the event for a free Double Chocolate Mudslide Cookie made with a new and improved recipe that features dark and milk chocolate chunks and walnuts.
The Late Spring Limited Time Only Menu:
- Chicken, Strawberry & Watermelon Salad - No antibiotics chicken, strawberries, watermelon, Feta cheese, almonds, kale, and romaine blend and fat-free white-balsamic vinaigrette.
- Baja Steak Wrap - Marinated sirloin, fresh avocado, roasted corn, black beans, tomatoes, three-Cheddar blend, crispy wontons, romaine, and avocado Greek yogurt dressing.
- Power Protein Breakfast Sandwich - Eggs, fresh avocado, spinach, tomatoes, and Cheddar on toasted whole wheat bread.
- Strawberry CroisBun - The famous CroisBun filled with strawberry preserves and sweet cream.
- Blueberry Danish - Classic Danish filled with blueberry preserves.
- Lemon White Chocolate Cookie - Lemon cookie with white chocolate chips and icing.
- Lemon Drop Cupcake - Velvety cream cheese icing with lemon drop cream topped with white chocolate curls on a light white cupcake.
- Turtle Latte - Espresso, caramel, and toffee syrups, and chocolate sauce topped with frothed milk, available hot or iced $1.99 - M and $2.50 – L, at participating cafés.
- Strawberry Fruit Cup - Fresh strawberries.
- Greek Vanilla Yogurt and Strawberry Parfait - Greek nonfat vanilla yogurt and strawberries with honey granola.
New Late Spring Featured Menu Items:
- Strawberry Lemonade - Refreshing lemonade infused with the flavor of fresh strawberries.
- Tropical Green Iced Tea - Hand blended green teas with pineapple flavor.
- Chickpea & Roasted Tomato Salad Petit Plate - Chickpeas, roasted tomatoes, arugula, and balsamic vinaigrette.
- Balsamic Chicken Petit Plate - Chicken, fresh Mozzarella, tomatoes, arugula, tomato bruschetta, fresh basil, and balsamic glaze.