Baskin-Robbins announced the launch of “The Big Thaw” online voting contest, which gives fans the chance to bring back one of their favorite flavors from a selection of 31 retired Baskin-Robbins ice cream creations from the brand’s famous “Deep Freeze.”
Through October 10, fans can visit the Baskin-Robbins Facebook page to vote for their favorite classic ice cream flavor. The winning flavor will be brought back from the “Deep Freeze” and will be available for a limited time in 2014 in ready-made quarts at participating shops nationwide.
All fans who vote in the contest will receive a coupon for a “Buy One Cone, Get One Free” coupon.
Guests can choose from some of Baskin-Robbins’s most popular retired flavors, including:
- Apple Pie a la Mode (originally launched in 2006): Vanilla ice cream mixed with real apples, crunchy pie crust, and a caramel cinnamon crème ribbon.
- Boston Cream Pie (originally launched in 1973): Custard-flavored ice cream with bits of cake, OREO cookie pieces, and a chocolate ribbon.
- Fluffernut (originally launched in 1972):Peanut butter–flavored ice cream with crushed peanuts and a marshmallow ribbon.
- French Toast (originally launched in 2011):French Toast–flavored ice cream with gooey maple bread pudding.
- Key Lime Pie (originally launched in 1972):White chocolate ice cream swirled with a key lime ribbon and key lime cheesecake pieces.
- Lunar Cheesecake (originally launched in 1969):Green and white cheesecake ice cream loaded with cheesecake pieces and combined with a graham cracker ribbon.
- Root Beer Float (originally launched in 2004):Root beer sorbet combined with vanilla ice cream.
“‘The Big Thaw’ allows us to engage with our fans in a fun and interactive way, and gives them the chance to revisit and reminisce about some of their all-time favorite Baskin-Robbins ice cream flavors,” says Dan Wheeler, vice president of U.S. brand and field marketing for Baskin-Robbins. “There was a tremendous response to our first ‘Big Thaw’ contest back in 2011, and we’re excited to see what flavor our guests vote to bring back from our ‘Deep Freeze’ this time around to enjoy with their family and friends.”
The Baskin-Robbins flavor library holds more than 1,300 notable ice cream flavor creations from the brand’s 68-year history.