Boba Guys, a bubble tea brand with 26 locations across the United States, announced a new customer loyalty program, Boba Guys Passport, leveraging Hang, the next generation platform for brand loyalty. With Hang, brands like Boba Guys are building loyalty programs that are hyper-personalized, fun, and engaging, fostering deeper relationships with their customers.

Boba Guys Passport is a reimagined way for customers to engage and earn at their favorite café—this isn’t the typical “buy nine drinks, get one free” program. Members earn points with each purchase, which then unlock and upgrade specialized Mystery Boxes. For every dollar spent at Boba Guys, customers get closer to unlocking and upgrading their Mystery Box. Passport members can choose to open their Mystery Boxes immediately or save their points to upgrade their box to a higher level, ensuring higher chances at more valuable rewards.

Passport members can also earn bonus points through exclusive, limited-time Quests available in the Passport portal. Quests range from trying every drink on the seasonal menu to referring friends to the program, and even posting photos of your Boba Guys drink on social media. Points also help customers advance through the status tiers in the Passport program. Earning Mystery Boxes can be quick, but climbing status tiers requires consistent loyalty. There are five total tiers, each unlocking unique perks, such as access to a secret menu, specialty merchandise, and at the top tier, even access to the Boba Guys founding team. There are endless ways to engage with the Boba Guys Passport, keeping the experience continually fresh and exciting. 

After a successful pilot program in September of 2023 that saw a 29% enrollment rate and 31% of total store orders coming through the loyalty program, there’s been a marked increase in customer visits and customer spending and an ROI of over 8x. Now rolled out to 23 locations, loyalty members are visiting 60% more frequently than they were before joining the program and spending 46% more per month. The program has even been successful in reaching customers that had gone dormant. In one case, a customer who had been dormant for nearly 2 years joined the loyalty program and visited 12 out of the next 15 days. 

Beverage, Marketing & Promotions, News, Technology, Boba Guys