The wait is over. Today, Taco Bell is shaking up the quick-serve industry yet again, this time with a new Breakfast Menu that will redefine innovation and value.
More than 5,500 Taco Bell restaurants nationwide opened at 7 a.m. or earlier for the biggest launch in the company’s 52-year history, and it will be supported by an integrated marketing campaign that highlights how the brand is revolutionizing traditional breakfast choices at quick serves. The new breakfast menu includes 13 new menu items, featuring the highly anticipated Waffle Taco, the one-handed breakfast of the A.M. Crunchwrap, and Cinnabon Delights.
“Breakfast is the fastest growing day part in [quick service], and until now, consumers have been stuck with the same old breakfast sandwich choices everywhere they turn,” says Brian Niccol, president of Taco Bell Corp. “We intend to break the boring breakfast routine by making mornings fun again. By reinventing the traditional tastes of breakfast in a way that only Taco Bell can, we’ll give America a fresh new perspective on classic breakfast tastes, with the value we’re famous for. And we’ll support it with a marketing campaign that challenges the status quo.”
After months of successful testing and customer feedback, the full Taco Bell Breakfast menu will include:
- Bacon or Sausage A.M. Crunchwrap: All the classic breakfast tastes like scrambled eggs, Cheddar cheese, a choice of bacon or a sausage patty, and a hash brown wrapped and grilled in a warm flour tortilla, so it’s an all-in-one breakfast good to go. Suggested price: $2.49
- Bacon or Sausage Waffle Taco: A warm waffle wrapped around bacon or a hearty sausage patty and scrambled eggs, served with a side of syrup. Suggested price: $1.99
- Bacon or Sausage Breakfast Burrito: Bacon or sausage, scrambled eggs, and melted Cheddar cheese wrapped up in a warm flour tortilla. Suggested price: $1.69
- Bacon or Sausage A.M. Grilled Taco: Scrambled eggs, melted Cheddar cheese, and sausage or bacon folded in a warm tortilla and grilled for portability. Suggested price: $1.00
- Steak & Egg Burrito: Scrambled eggs, melted Cheddar cheese, and marinated thick-cut steak, all wrapped up in a warm flour tortilla. Suggested price: $2.49
- Sausage Flatbread Melt: Grilled flatbread filled with a sausage patty and Cheddar cheese. Suggested price: $1.00
- Cinnabon Delights: Warm bite-sized pastries filled with Cinnabon frosting and covered with Makara cinnamon sugar. Suggested price for two $1.00; four: $1.49; and 12: $4.49
- Hash Brown: A potato hash brown. Suggested price: $1.00
- Orange Juice: Tropicana orange juice. Suggested price: $1.99
- Premium Hot Coffee: Premium Rainforest Alliance–certified hot coffee made with Arabica beans. Suggested price: $1.49
For nutritional information and ways to customize menu items, customers can visit www.tacobell.com/nutrition/information. For example, customers can make the Steak & Egg Burrito “Fresco style,” which replaces usual toppings, such as cheeses, dairy-based sauces, reduced-fat sour cream, and guacamole, with pico de gallo for a 25 percent reduction in fat, but for the same price.