Cali Group announced that its restaurant operating subsidiary, CaliBurger, will expand in 2018 throughout North America, the Middle East, Asia and Latin America. The company also announced that its face-based loyalty and payment ordering kiosks as well as Flippy, the burger-flipping robot, will be available at multiple CaliBurger locations this year.
“Every new CaliBurger restaurant is being designed with an eye toward implementation of the technologies being developed by Cali Group’s affiliated companies,” said Jonathan Wong, Chief Operating Officer of CaliBurger. “Our goal in the next 12 to 24 months is to begin deploying the unified Cali Group C-Vision technology platform, where the entire restaurant—from front of the house to back of the house—is operated from one app on a single tablet.”
New CaliBurger locations coming in 2018 include:
In North America, the brand currently operates restaurants and food trucks in the Pacific Northwest, Southern California and the DMV (Washington D.C., Maryland, and Virginia area). New locations currently under construction in these markets are:
- British Columbia, Canada (10330 152 St, Surrey, BC)
- British Columbia, Canada (8901 Cornerstone Mews, Burnaby, BC)
- Seattle, Wash. (Westlake Village Mall)
Additionally, later in 2018, CaliBurger is planning to open new in-line restaurants in the Washington D.C. area and drive thru formats in Maryland. Following, will be the opening of a new flagship store in Santa Monica, slated to arrive by the end of the year.
- CaliBurger has more restaurants in the Middle East than any other region. New stores currently under construction include:
- Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates (Al Mansar Mall)
- Jeddah, Saudi Arabia (Moj Plaza)
Plus, the brand is planning to open additional stores throughout 2018 in the UAE, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and Bahrain.
- In Asia, CaliBurger is repositioning the brand to be higher end, moving away from a quick-service restaurant and leaning into casual dining. New locations include:
- Manila, Philippines: a new flagship restaurant, debuting the latest store presentation
CaliBurger plans to expand faster in Latin America than any other region of the world. The regional flagship, a 400 square meter drive thru, opened in Puebla, Mexico in early 2018. The company also plans to launch additional new markets in Latin America later this year, for a total of 15 restaurant openings in the region. Four stores are currently under construction in Mexico, including:
- Puebla, Mexico (Calz. Ignacio Zaragoza 410)
- Puebla, Mexico (Plaza Sinfonía)
- Hermosillo, Mexico (Bulevar José María Morelos 248)
- Ciudad Juárez, Mexico (Plaza Tres 08)
Cali Group’s state-of-the-art technology will be on display at the International Franchise Expo to be held in Mexico City on March 1-3 in Booth 1410