Caribou Coffee is unveiling a new concept store in Edina filled with unique new beverage and food options not available at any other location, and an updated layout designed with convenience and comfort in mind. The new store is unlike any other Caribou Coffee location in the world. It is located at 5000 Vernon Ave in Edina, Minnesota and will host its Grand Opening event on Friday, April 12, 2019.
“This store is unlike anything we’ve ever done,” says Jenifer Hagness, VP of Marketing and Product Innovation at Caribou Coffee. “It’s an amazing new space created to offer convenience for guests on the go, but also perfectly-tailored with spaces to work from your laptop or settle in for coffee and a bite to eat with friends.”
- Easy on/off access from Highway 100 for commuters with a convenient 2-window drive through
- Updated interior and design—comfortable, cozy and functional with optimized spaces to work and relax
- The original Caribou Coffee opened on 44th & France in 1992—this marks the 11th Caribou Coffee location in Edina
- New Food & Beverage offerings that are only available at this location
“We are excited for our guests to experience all of the great new food offerings we’ve dreamed up for this location,” says Julie Hiller, food category manager. “The innovation for this store focuses on providing unique, great quality food for our guests, while delivering fast and friendly service”
- Lunch Sandwiches (made fresh daily): Turkey Provolone, Caprese on Focaccia, Ham & Swiss Croissant
- Donuts glazed daily, fresh cookies (served warm), and a variety of Einstein Bros Bagels
- Healthy Grab-and-Go options including Overnight Oats and Yogurt, Almond Butter and Chia Parfaits
- Fruit & Veggie Smoothies blended on-site and made fresh every day (dairy free)
Caribou on Tap:
- Infused Cold Press Drinks: Blackberry Sea Salt, Cocoa Orange and Chocolate Almond
- Nitro Cold Press, Nitro Draft Mocha and Nitro High Rise (available in other select locations)
With the unique offerings from Twin Cities’-owned and beloved Izzy’s Ice Cream, the new Caribou Coffee will also serve as a new ice cream hot spot just in time for spring and summer. From Co-Owner, Jeff Sommers, "We are extremely excited to partner with Caribou Coffee to bring our Izzy’s ice cream to Caribou’s customers. Coffee and ice cream are truly meant to be together…and we look forward to seeing what ice cream/coffee flavor combinations customers will most enjoy."
Caribou Coffee & Izzy’s Ice Cream:
- Affogato (fresh espresso over ice cream)
- Cold Press Shake
- Nitro Cold Press Float
- Izzy’s Ice Cream Cups (vanilla, chocolate and midnight graham crunch)
- Izzy’s Ice Cream Sandwiches
The Grand Opening celebration will take place on Friday, April 12 (store hours are 5 a.m. – 10 p.m.):
- A free exclusive Caribou Coffee Edina-themed t-shirt to the first (50) guests in attendance
- Free brewed Coffee of the Day with any Food Purchase
- Caribou Perks Members will receive double perks points on all purchases made after 3 p.m.
- Sampling of new Caribou On Tap Infused Cold Press Drinks
Founded in 1992, Caribou Coffee has 300 company-owned locations nationwide.