Carl's Jr. announced today that it has selected 10 recipients for the 2022 Carl N. and Margaret Karcher Founder's Scholarship. Each winner will receive $10,000 toward tuition at the university of their choosing.
This year in honor of the company's founders, Carl's Jr. awarded $100,000 to outstanding high school students who exhibit impeccable academic performance; have demonstrated leadership and participation in their school and community and who have financial need in pursuing a college degree. Since 1998, Carl's Jr. has granted almost $1.5 million dollars to 1,000-plus deserving students.
"This year's recipients are stellar high school seniors from Alaska, Arizona, California and Texas with impeccable academic records," says Chief Executive Officer Ned Lyerly. "Among our recipients, nine have a 4.0 GPA, six are first generation college students, and one is a Carl's Jr. crew member. It's because of our incredible franchisees that special moments like this are possible for students who reside in a Carl's Jr. market."
2022 Carl's Jr. Scholarship Recipients
- Turab Abbas of Houston, Texas, University of Houston
- DeeJay Bui of Chino, Calif., University of California, Berkeley
- Micah Chen of Richmond, Texas, University of Texas at Austin
- Autumn Fairbanks of Mesa, Ariz., Arizona State University
- Alexis Herfurth of Sonora, Calif., California Institute of Technology
- Ciana Main of Anchorage, Alaska, University of Miami
- Michael McSorley of Plano, Texas, University of Texas at Dallas
- Ruchi Patel of Richmond, Texas, University of Texas at Austin
- Anthony Rodriguez-Miranda of San Mateo, Calif., Yale University
- Christopher Yoeurng of La Mirada, Calif., Stanford University
The Carl N. and Margaret Karcher Founder's Scholarship is available to graduating high school seniors or graduates who plan to enroll for the first time in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited college or university. Scholarships are available in states where Carl's Jr. operates. The application program for the next round of scholarships will be available in early 2023.