• More than 250,000 meals served around the clock at McDonald's mobile restaurants at "Ground Zero" in New York and at the Pentagon since Thursday, September 13.
• New York City: Nine 45 feet long trucks full of McDonald's Quarter Pounders, Chicken McNuggets, bottled water and soft drinks delivered to "Ground Zero" for rescue and recovery teams. This food service is on going.
• Pentagon: Five 45 feet long trucks of McDonald's Quarter Pounders, Chicken McNuggets, bottled water and soft drinks delivered to the Pentagon site to feed the work force there. This food service is on going.
• RMHC Canister Update: An estimated $2 million collected in the first three days at McDonald's U.S. restaurants through Ronald McDonald House charity canisters now earmarked for the Red Cross over the next month. Canadian restaurants have launched a similar program.
• $1 Million Donation from McDonald’s Corporation already pledged for relief efforts.
• $1 Million from Ronald McDonald House Charities already pledged for relief efforts.
• McDonald's Cookies and Juice continue to be delivered to Blood Donation Centers throughout the U.S.
• $1 million donation to the relief fund established by New York Mayor Guiliani to aid the families of police, fire and emergency medical personnel injured or killed in the rescue efforts.
• Providing meals for emergency workers in New York, Washington, D.C. and Somerset, Pa. Many employees also have donated blood or made personal contributions to the relief efforts.
• Jack Schuessler, Wendy's chairman and chief executive officer, led employees at the Company’s corporate headquarters in Dublin, Ohio in the observance of America’s National Day of Prayer and Remembrance.
Burger King :
• The 8,500 Burger King® restaurants in the United States have been named "Official Red Cross Donation Centers.''
• The Burger King® restaurants will sell American flag decals to raise money for the disaster relief fund.
• Burger King Corporation and its franchisees have been supplying about 8,000 sandwiches a day for the relief workers.
• Burger King Corporation will donate monies from other fundraising activities to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund, including a special link on www.burgerking.com that gives information to consumers on how to contribute to the Red Cross.
• Four Burger King restaurants located near "ground zero'' in lower Manhattan have served as triage centers, command posts and information centers for displaced New Yorkers and rescue workers.
• Two restaurants located in Arlington, Virginia, closest to the Pentagon have been providing more than 300 sandwiches an hour to rescue workers.
• Employees all over the country are donating blood to their local community blood banks and Burger King Corporation has established a fund for all employees and franchisees to contribute to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund.
• The corporation will also make a contribution to the fund.
• Burger King Corporation and its franchisees will publicize the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund information to customers via in-restaurant merchandising.
• Custom-produced "Proud to Be an American'' bumper stickers are available for a donation of $1.00. Proceeds will benefit the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund.
• Pledged 9000 sandwiches a week as long as the rescue effort continues.
• Subway Development Corp. of Washington, D.C., the largest independent franchise development agent in the country for Subway Restaurants, reports that several Subway Restaurant locations in Washington D.C. are supplying free food and beverages to on-duty emergency personnel from the FBI, Secret Service and Washington Metro police and fire departments.
• September 24, 2001through September 30: 380 participating Fazoli’s restaurantswill conduct a major nation-wide fundraiser to benefit the American Red Cross. Fazoli’s will donate $1.00 for every guest who orders the All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner at the regular price of $3.99.
• Collecting funds from employees and guests to be distributed to the American Red Cross.
• Near the Friendly's headquarters in Wilbraham, Massachusetts, several radio remote stations take place in Friendly's Restaurants parking lots with the objective of accepting donations from guests and passersby.
National Coney Island Restaurants
• Donating $1 from each hot dog sold between Saturday 9/15 and Saturday 9/22 to victims in New York City
• Pizza Inn owners and their employees throughout the country will donate sales receipts to aid the families of the New York's Police and Fire community Sunday, September 16th. The chain held a special Pizza, Pasta and Pepsi fundraiser at all participating restaurants chainwide to bolster the donations.
The five times weekly e-newsletter that keeps you up-to-date on the latest industry news and additions to this website.