Checkers Drive-In Restaurants, Inc.is revving up its third year as Official Burger of the Indianapolis 500. Checkers/Rally's has added signature Community Day and Carb Day events to its list of race week activities, further expanding the brand's involvement with this world class race. "Our motor sports sponsorships, combined with our other marketing, advertising, training, and operational initiatives, have enabled Checkers/Rally's to double our brand awareness in the past two years and to consistently drive positive same store sales gains," says Keith E. Sirois, president and CEO, Checkers Drive-In Restaurants, Inc. "We are happy to participate in these additional Indy 500 week activities, and we're excited to bring Checkers/Rally's to fans in new, fun ways."
During the 2005 Indy 500 race week, the chain is sponsor of the Checkers/Rally's Brickyard Burger-Eating Contest held on Community Day, and sponsor of the Media Pit Stop Challenge, an Indy 500 tradition. For the third year in a row, the chain is also the title sponsor of the Checkers/Rally's Pit Stop Challenge which occurs on Carb Day, with a total prize pool worth $80,000.
Checkers/Rally's has created activation programs with IMS for the Indy 500 and Brickyard 400® races, including:
1. Six Checkers/Rally's branded locations opened inside the Speedway
2. Brickyard 400 combo meals and cups sold at restaurants across the country
3. Cause marketing programs with Team CAN, raising $100,000 for the Cure Autism Now Foundation in 2004
4. National 2004 Brickyard 400 Sweepstakes winner waved the green flag to start the race
5. Company hosted 2004 national franchise convention in Indianapolis during Brickyard 400 week
6. In first year of sponsorship, Checkers franchisee of the year waved the green flag to start the Brickyard 400
7. Motor sports-themed employee incentive and training programs
The five times weekly e-newsletter that keeps you up-to-date on the latest industry news and additions to this website.