Chicken Salad Chick announced it will be expanding in North Carolina with its newest restaurant in northwest Charlotte in the new Riverbend Village development near Mountain Island Lake. Marking the brand’s fourth Charlotte-area restaurant and second North Carolina opening in less than two months, the new Riverbend Village location highlights Chicken Salad Chick’s continued growth efforts in the state, with an additional location in Wilmington slated to open in the coming weeks. Located at 9516 Riverbend Village Drive Suite J-5, near the intersection of NC 16 and Mt. Holly-Huntersville Road, the Riverbend Village restaurant will celebrate its grand opening on October 15 and will offer free chicken salad for a year to the first 100 guests.
During grand opening week, guests will experience the southern hospitality that Chicken Salad Chick is known for, with giveaways and specials that include:
- Tuesday, October 15 – Free Chicken Salad for a Year – The first guest will receive one large Quick Chick of chicken salad per week for an entire year; the next 99 guests receive a free large Quick Chick of chicken salad per month. Any guest not part of the first 100 in line can make a purchase and enter to win free chicken salad for a year.
- Wednesday, October 16 – The first 100 guests to purchase a Chick Special will receive a free scoop of Classic Carol.
- Thursday, October 17 – The first 100 guests to purchase a Chick Special will get a free upgrade to a Chick Trio.
- Friday, October 18 – The first 100 guests to purchase a Chick Trio will receive a free customized Chick tumbler.
- Saturday, October 19 – The first 50 guests to purchase two large Quick Chicks will receive a free large Chick cooler.
The Riverbend Village restaurant is owned and operated by multi-unit franchise owners Mike Hernandez and Don Carson of Cardez Hospitality Group, LLC. Prior to opening their first Chicken Salad Chick restaurant in Concord in 2017, the duo worked in the foodservice management and finance industries for nearly seven decades combined. Carson and his son-in law, Hernandez, are thrilled to be opening an additional Chicken Salad Chick location at Riverbend Village and have plans to open an another store in north Mecklenburg county in the near future.
“One of the most fulfilling parts of being a Chicken Salad Chick franchise owner is the opportunity to form meaningful relationships with members of the community. From catering business events and hosting teacher delivery days to arranging spirit nights to give back to those in need, we can truly enrich the lives of residents and we’ve seen that positive impact with our Concord restaurant,” says Hernandez. “We look forward to spreading the same joy at Riverbend Village, with a little help from the brand’s soulful and savory chicken salads.”
The Chicken Salad Chick concept was established in 2008 by founder, Stacy Brown. With more than a dozen original chicken salad flavors as well as fresh side salads, gourmet soups, signature sandwiches and delicious desserts, Chicken Salad Chick's robust menu offers a variety of options suitable for any guest. In 2015, Eagle Merchant Partners purchased a majority stake in Chicken Salad Chick, and under the leadership of CEO Scott Deviney and team, the company now has more than 130 restaurants currently open in 16 states.