Chipotle officially launched the fourth edition of the 2020 Chipotle Challenger Series. The online tournament gives fans the chance to face-off against athletes, musicians, esport pros and others. A total of $50,000 in prize money and 9 free burritos for a year prizes will be presented to winners.
For the second consecutive series, players will compete in Fortnite. Teams that qualify for the finale will have the chance to go head to head in a private lobby of 33 trio teams featuring Tyler Joseph of Twenty One Pilots, football star JuJu Smith-Schuster and skateboarders Jagger Eaton and Heimana Reynolds.
An all-world roster of gaming stars, including Bugha, Clix, Mongraal, Nick Eh 30, Stable Ronaldo, Ewok, Nate Hill, Reverse2K, Dubs, Arkhram, Rehx, EpikWhale, Emad, and Zexrow, will also compete against amateur players in the finale.
The competition is open to all gamers 13 years or older and will feature Trios format in Fortnite. Teams can register and find terms of entry and participation by visiting: chip.tl/ccs4.
- Four (4) total qualifiers. Each qualifier:
- Will allow up to 1000 trio teams
- Will have private lobbies for a 3-hour play window
- Will have a Ladder system
- 1 elimination = 1 point
- Placement scoring for top teams per game
- Top 4 teams from each qualifier advance
- 17 teams of invited talent
- Private lobby
- 5-game series
- Same scoring as qualifiers
- November 24th and December 3rd at 3pm PST/6pm EST and 6pm PST/9pm EST
- Chipotle Challenger Series VI Qualifiers
- December 8th at 3pm PST/6pm EST
- Chipotle Challenger Series VI Finale