Corner Bakery Cafe announced that it is entering the Oklahoma and Massachusetts markets, as well as three new markets in Florida and California, as part of five multiunit restaurant franchise agreements.
The agreements represent nine new restaurants in San Diego; seven in Oklahoma; 14 in Tampa, Florida; 10 in Northeast Florida; and 21 in Boston. The first cafés in each market are expected to open next year.
Much of the rapid growth can be attributed to Corner Bakery Cafe’s emphasis on multiunit national expansion, as well as its commitment to partnering with respected franchise leaders and operators in the restaurant industry, who bring value and expertise to the brand.
In addition, Corner Bakery Cafe recently promoted Gregg Koffler to vice president of franchise sales to spearhead overall sales and growth of the franchise division for the fast-casual brand.
"These new markets are a perfect fit for Corner Bakery Cafe,” Koffler says. “Each community is known for its strong neighborhoods, and with our neighborhood approach to development, we expect each new restaurant to quickly become a favorite gathering place for local families and friends.”
Overall, the agreements add 61 new cafés, raising the total to almost 300 committed cafés, as the company moves forward on its goal to more thandouble its U.S. footprint in the next three to four years.
“As a leading brand in the fastest-growing segment of the restaurant industry, there is no question that Corner Bakery Cafe has an advantage with $2.3 million AAVs and outstanding unit-level economics,” Koffler says. “Adding to that advantage, our new franchise partners include some of the most successful veteran restaurant professionals in the industry.”
The new franchise partners include:
- FEAST California Café—which, through its FEAST Foods, LLC partnership group, owns and operates more than 170Jack in the Box restaurants in Southern California andthe Pacific Northwest U.S., as well as several Denny’s restaurants in Southern California—plans to open nine new Corner Bakery Cafes in San Diego.
- CBCOK—which also owns and operates more than 30 hotels nationwide, including Hilton, Marriott, and IHG Hotels, as well as Subway units—plans to open seven new Corner Bakery Cafes throughout Oklahoma.
- CB Restaurant Holdings—which also owns and operates more than 25Wendy’s restaurants in Southern Florida and Panama—plans to open 14 new Corner Bakery Cafes in and around Tampa.
- Lee-Wesley Restaurants—which also owns and operates several Panda Express, Burger King, Nathan's Famous, Auntie Anne's, and Taco Bell restaurants—plans to open 10 new Corner Bakery Cafes in Northeast Florida.
- Parikh Network—which owns 68 Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen units—plans to open 21 new Corner Bakery Cafes in and around Boston.
For Ben Eramya, owner and operator of FEAST Foods, the decision to franchise with Corner Bakery Cafe was an easy one. “Corner Bakery Cafe has a clear understanding of its brand vision, which is consistently demonstrated by the way they bring to life their core values in everyday business,” he says.
“I am in absolute love with the food and the diverse menu options Corner Bakery Cafe offers. The leadership team has a great understanding of how dynamic, quality food is important to attracting guests to the brand,” he adds. “And the leadership team has a clear understanding of how important it is to involve and embrace its franchise partners in efforts towards bringing their brand vision to life, which will surely enable the brand to remain relevant in the guests’ eyes forever.”
Corner Bakery Cafe’s made-to-order menu features hot breakfast scramblers, signature panini sandwiches, homemade soups, hand-tossed salads, pastas, and indulgent sweets, while providing a place to gather with family and friends.
With more than 150 company-owned and franchised locations in 14 states and Washington, D.C., Corner Bakery Cafe provides a robust catering platform, presenting fresh food packaged for delivery or pick up.