Cousins Maine Lobster (CML) announced that it has awarded 10 franchises in the past five months. The company, which offers freshly prepared Maine lobster rolls, bisques, chowders, and sides from three mobile food trucks in the greater Los Angeles area, sold its first franchise in July and has since signed deals for the major food truck markets of San Francisco, San Diego, Sacramento, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Dallas, Houston, Orlando, Atlanta, and Raleigh/Durham.
After two years of concept development in the mobile foodservice industry, CML was funded by “Shark Tank” investor Barbara Corcoran and soon after announced plans for national expansion through franchising with the assistance of Franchise Development Group.
CML uses 100 percent Maine lobster, prepares its food fresh on location every day, and makes each offering to order. Its commitment to quality food and great customer service led to featured spots on many national TV shows, including:
· Food Network’s “The Great Food Truck Race,” which featured CML owners Jim Tselikis and Sabin Lomac as celebrity judges and touted CML as a “Top Food Truck Operation” in the country in August;
· NBC’S “Today Show,” which had CML serving up recipes and promoting the brand in July;
· FOX Business, which featured CML on “Opening Bell” in July and“Money with Melissa” in September;
· “The Queen Latifah Show,” which featured the brand in October; and
· ABC’s “Shark Tank” which aired an update on CML’s franchise expansion in August.