Cowboy Chicken, the Dallas-based rotisserie chain known for its wood-fired chicken and handmade side dishes, is opening its first California restaurant on June 25. To mark the occasion, the restaurant is serving up a Texas-sized helping of hospitality with a weeklong Grand Opening Celebration from July 16-20, including five days of specials and the chance to win free chicken for a year.
“We are thrilled to bring the legendary wood-fired flavor of Cowboy Chicken to California for the very first time,” says owner and operations partner Kevin Roche. “This grand opening celebration is Cowboy Chicken’s way of introducing our great food and community spirit to our new neighbors in Rancho Bernardo. We look forward to being a part of this community for many years to come.”
The week of grand opening festivities includes the following:
- Monday, July 16 - Win Free Chicken for a Year and Kids Night: The first 100 guests waiting in line when the restaurant opens at 11 a.m. will be entered into a drawing, and five lucky winners will receive free chicken for a year. Must be 18 or older to win. For official giveaway rules, visit www.cowboychicken.com/sweepstakes-rules/. Cowboy Chicken is giving kiddos perks, too. Kids eat free after 4 p.m. with any adult entrée purchase. Dine-in only.
- Tuesday, July 17 - Dine to Donate: All day long, 25% of all proceeds are donated to Freedom Dogs, which provides service dogs for wounded military heroes returning to civilian life.
- Wednesday, July 18 - Way-Back Wednesday: Cowboy Chicken is taking guests back to 1981 - the year the restaurant first opened – with original menu pricing on select items. Dine-in only.
- Thursday, July 19 - Hometown Heroes Day: All members of law enforcement, firefighters, EMTs, nurses, doctors, and active and veteran military personnel receive 50% off all dine-in purchases. Must present badge or proof of profession.
- Friday, July 20 - Facebook Friday: Show the cashier that you’ve liked Cowboy Chicken Rancho Bernardo on Facebook and receive a free cobbler.
TEXACAL Foods owners and operations partners Kevin Roche and Phil Fontes joined with Cal Capitol Investment Group’s Daniel and Doug Shaffer to bring the growing Cowboy Chicken brand to the Golden State. Roche, an industry veteran and California native, experienced Cowboy Chicken in Texas while at lunch with a friend and instantly fell in love with the great food and the friendly atmosphere. TEXACAL Foods and Cowboy Chicken have signed the largest franchise agreement to date, with 30 Cowboy Chicken locations planned across California.
Cowboy Chicken Rancho Bernardo is located at 10562 Craftsman Way in the 4S Commons Shopping Center. The new 2,000-square foot restaurant centers on a large, wood-burning rotisserie where guests can view the chickens roasting from the rustic-meets-modern dining area. The restaurant seats up to 60 and serves lunch and dinner daily from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Cowboy Chicken serves all-natural, hormone-free rotisserie chickens that are hand-seasoned in store, marinated for 24 hours and then slowly roasted for two hours over a real wood-burning fire. Other dishes include signature sour cream tomatillo chicken enchiladas, abundant scratch-made sides such as Twice Baked Potaters, Baked Mac & Cheese, Ranchero Beans and seasonal cobblers baked in-house daily.
Hearty and healthy dishes are available during lunch and dinner for dine-in, take out, catering and delivery. On-the-go diners can order on the Cowboy Chicken app, available through the Apple App Store and Google Play Store, which allows guests to order ahead, pay with their phone at checkout and earn rewards.