Robert Morgan, Cuppy’s acting chief operating officer, announced his resignation on Friday to the staff of the Florida-based franchise company. Another longtime Cuppy’s employee, Ben Doyle, also resigned.
Doug Hibbing, will remain as interim president until a replacement is appointed. Dale Nabors, CEO of FranSynergy is now leading the company.
Dale Nabors has more than 20 years of experience working with small business owners, focusing primarily in the franchising industry. Prior to launching FranSynergy, Dale had been employed by the Dwyer Group, a multi-brand franchisor headquartered in Waco, Texas, from March 1995 to August 2000.
Dale began his relationship with Cuppy’s as a consultant in September 2007. Since that time, he has been instrumental in the leadership, development and implementation of many successful Cuppy’s programs including:
* The creation of a new distribution method for our products, which has will produce an average cost savings of 20 percent to 30 percent to franchisees. This will commence in May 2008.
* The negotiation changes for our cups, which will result in an overall savings to our franchisees by eliminating sleeves and minimizing the amount of inventory.
* The implementation of a Menu Price Generator, which will assist our franchisees to determine the appropriate pricing structure based on expenses and overhead for each specific location.
* The creation of a Budget Project Sheet, which will assist our franchisees to manage their sales and expenses in order to become more profitable.
Dale’s primary objective is to guide the Cuppy’s organization to the next level. Dale’s vision for the future of Cuppy’s includes:
* Refocusing internal support efforts to increase franchisee satisfaction and profitability.
* Assisting franchisee stores not yet opened to open their units.
* Increasing national brand awareness thereby increasing brand equity for our franchisees.