Recommended For You
- 1st Place/Gold Medal went to DennyMike’s "Pixie Dust" rub (category: "Barbecue Dry Rub/Seasonings: Southwest")
- 1st Place/Gold Medal went to DennyMike’s "Chick Magnet" rub (category: "Barbecue Dry Rub/Seasonings: All-Purpose")
- 2nd Place/Silver Medal went to DennyMike's for the "Best Overall Label of 2009" category for the unique design of its colorful "Cow Bell Hell" rub packaging, designed by T.Doc Creative in Westbrook, Maine
- 4th Place went to DennyMike's in the "Barbecue Sauce: Tomato Mild” category
- 4th Place went to DennyMike's in the “Barbecue Sauce: Vinegar Spicy” category
This year’s NBBQA competition, considered one of the foremost events in the barbecue world, drew hundreds of entries from throughout the United States and Canada. Winners were selected by 65 judges via blind tastings.
The winning medals spell promising news for the expanding Maine company, whose new line of authentic, Texas-style barbecue rubs just hit the market.
"I have so much respect for the barbecue pros I was competing against at the NBBQA event, says Sherman. “These folks are genuinely considered craftsmen in barbecue circles around the country. Barbecue has been my passion for decades now, so you can’t imagine how great it was for me to be included in their company on the medals stand."
"When we were announcing winners at this year’s competition, we just kept calling 'DennyMike's' over and over again," says Becky Streuter, member of NBBQA’s Board of Directors. "People are really starting to pay attention to the very appealing products this Maine barbecue company is offering."