Denny’s is providing young adults a cool after-hours dining experience at minimal expense with its new Allnighter value menu, the latest addition to its comprehensive Allnighter program. With the number of employed workers ages 16 to 24 declining by two million in the past two years because of the economy, Denny’s offers the ideal location for affordable casual dining with friends following a concert, movie, or any other late-night festivity.
“The Allnighter value menu is the latest example of Denny’s commitment to young customers currently facing a challenging economy,” says Mark E. Chmiel, chief marketing and innovation officer. “Dating back to the 1950s, Denny’s has been the after-hours hangout for bands and young adults. With this appetizing value menu, we are continuing Denny’s heritage as a cool, fun place for late-night dining.”
Between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m., Denny’s appeals to a younger late-night crowd by serving tasty menu items and alternative rock music. Four new value meals, starting at $2.99, join Rockstar menu favorites and other late-night snacks to offer a variety of diverse dining options through the Allnighter program. Denny’s new value options on the Allnighter menu are:
- Pancake Puppies 12-pack – A dozen bite-sized round pancakes rolled in a blend of cinnamon and sugar, served with warm syrup.
- Nachitos – Zesty nachos in just the right size.
- Half Moons Over My Hammy – Layers of ham topped with scrambled eggs between Swiss and American cheese on sourdough bread grilled to a golden brown. Served with hash browns.
- Kickin’ Flavor Wraps – Two warm flour tortillas filled with chicken strips tossed in Buffalo sauce with lettuce and Swiss cheese. Served with fried tortilla chips and a side of creamy ranch dressing.
As part of the Allnighter program, Denny’s is supporting six new bands from March to May as part of its ongoing Adopt-A-Band program, which was established in 2008. Denny’s provides Adopt-A-Band members free meals and post-concert locations for fan events while participating in the program. All six current Adopt-A-Bands, which include Me Talk Pretty, The Maine, Hey Monday, The Number 12 Looks Like You, Bless the Fall, and La Secta Allstar, will host events at Denny’s locations following tour dates around the country during the next two months. Fans can stay abreast of future Denny’s events and vote for their favorite Adopt-A-Band at www.dennysallnighter.com. To date, 30 bands including Katy Perry, Saving Abel, and Forever the Sickest Kids, have benefitted from free meals and fan events at Denny’s through the Adopt-A-Band program.
The Rockstar menu portion of the Allnighter program features exclusive late-night dishes created by alternative rock artists, along with Chef Andrew Dismore, Denny’s senior director of product innovation. The current Rockstar menu items include:
- The Hooburrito – Hoobastank serves up a burrito with crispy chicken strips, pepper jack cheese, cheese sauce, fried onion crispers, and a hint of barbecue sauce. Served with tortilla chips and a side of cheese sauce and ranch dressing.
- Plain White Shake – A milk shake created by the Plain White T’s, consisting of vanilla ice cream, cheesecake, whipped cream, and white chocolate chips.
- Melty Grilled Chicken and Sausage Quesadilla – The New York rockers Taking Back Sunday have cooked up a quesadilla that will fill any late-night craving. The dish is a large flour tortilla, stuffed with chicken breast, sausage, American cheese, fire-roasted peppers and onions, fresh pico de gallo and served with a cilantro-lime ranch sauce.
- Taking Back Bacon Burger Fries – A second dish from Taking Back Sunday covers French fries with cheese, hamburger, tomatoes, pickles, bacon, onions, ketchup, and mustard.
- The Great Eggsteak – Boys Like Girls introduced a hot prime rib sandwich with peppers, onions, pepper jack cheese, scrambled egg, and spicy mayonnaise on sourdough bread. Served with hash browns.
Other Allnighter menu items include Potachos – freshly fried and seasoned kettle chips topped with crumbled sausage, tomatoes, bacon, peppers, onions, and lots of cheese; the Sampler – spicy chicken strips, mozzarella cheese sticks, crispy onion rings, and dipping sauces; and the Smokin’ Q Three Pack – three mini cheese burgers topped with sweet & tangy barbeque sauce, onion crispers, cheddar cheese, and bacon, served with a double portion of onion rings.