Domino’s Pizza (NYSE: DPZ – News) has a new line of pastas that gives you more for your money — including a handmade, oven-baked bowl, delivered right to your door.
To help launch this unique new product in an innovative way, Domino’s is teaming up with House Party, a company that specializes in arranging parties in homes nationwide. On May 2, in 1,000 homes across the country, approximately 16,000 people will be treated to a sample of Domino’s BreadBowl Pasta.
“This is pasta like you’ve never seen before and can’t find anywhere else,” says Domino’s chief marketing officer Russell Weiner. “The pasta scored extraordinarily well in our product tests. Consumers were amazed by the idea of the warm bread bowl and the pasta being baked simultaneously.
“We’re also excited by our partnership with House Party,” Weiner says. “They had a record number of people vying to be Domino’s party hosts. This is a terrific way for us to sample to thousands of people across the country in a single night.”
Currently available throughout the Domino’s Pizza U.S. system, Domino’s BreadBowl Pasta is a lightly seasoned bread bowl baked up around the pasta. It is perfect for dipping, ripping, sharing, and tearing. Domino’s BreadBowl Pasta, starting at $5.99, is available in five classic combinations, including:
- Three Cheese Mac-N-Cheese – A blend of two cheddars and mozzarella tossed with penne pasta and baked to a creamy perfection.
- Italian Sausage Marinara – Penne pasta tossed with a meaty Italian sausage smothered in zesty marinara sauce and topped with provolone cheese.
- Chicken Alfredo -Tender cuts of 100 percent all-white meat chicken and penne pasta baked with creamy Alfredo sauce.
- Chicken Carbonara – Tender cuts of 100 percent all-white meat chicken, bacon, onions, and mushrooms mixed with penne pasta and baked with creamy Alfredo sauce.
- Pasta Primavera – Baby spinach, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, and onions mixed with penne pasta and baked with creamy Alfredo sauce.
- Build Your Own Pasta – Make it your way
“In addition to House Party, Domino’s Pizza will be marketing this new menu line aggressively in the next several weeks with advertising on many top-rated entertainment and sports programs, sampling opportunities throughout the country and a strong web-based presence,” Weiner says. “For a limited time, customers who order online at Dominos.com will save a dollar on their bread bowl pasta order.”