Helping guests greet the warm weather with more smart choices, Dunkin’ Donuts announced a permanent addition to its DDSMART menu: the Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich.
A breakfast sandwich option under 400 calories, the new sandwich features a fried egg topped with turkey sausage and a slice of reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, served on an oven-toasted English Muffin.
The Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich is available at participating Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants nationwide, and joins Dunkin’ Donuts’ DDSMART menu of items that provide guests with better-for-you options without compromising taste, quality, or value.
“We first introduced the Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich in select restaurants earlier this year, and it was one of the most successful and well-received products we’ve ever launched,” says John Costello, president, global marketing and innovation for Dunkin’ Brands. “We’re excited to now offer the sandwich nationwide and to build upon our complete selection of DDSMART items, giving our guests even more better-for-you menu choices.”
All Dunkin' Donuts' DDSMART items meet at least one of the following criteria: 25 percent fewer calories; 25 percent less sugar, saturated fat, or sodium than comparable fare; and/or contain an ingredient or nutrient that is nutritionally beneficial.
The Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich joins other DDSMART menu items that are under 400 calories, including:
- Egg White Flatbread Sandwiches (280 calories): Available in either Veggie or Turkey Sausage and Spinach varieties. Both are served on toasted multigrain flatbread.
- Egg & Cheese on an English Muffin(240 calories)andHam, Egg & Cheese on an English Muffin(280 calories): Both served on an English Muffin that has 7 grams of fiber.
- Wake-Up Wrap Sandwiches: Perfect for value-conscious, on-the-go people who want a fast, freshly prepared breakfast option in a smaller portion size and with fewer calories than the usual breakfast sandwich. DDSMART Wake-Up Wrap Sandwiches are available in several varieties, including Egg White Veggie (150 calories), Egg White Turkey Sausage and Spinach (150 calories), Egg & Cheese (150 calories), and Ham, Egg & Cheese (170 calories).
- Oatmeal with Dried Fruit Topping: Available in Original (270 calories) or Brown Sugar flavor (300 calories).
- Small Hot orIced Coffee (5–10 calories): Can be made to guest’s preferences with Splenda (15–20 calories) or with Skim Milk and Splenda (25–30 calories).
- Small Latte Lite (80 calories): Made with Skim Milk and Splenda.
- Freshly Brewed Unsweetened Tea: All contain zero calories.
- Freshly Brewed Unsweetened Medium Iced Tea: Containsfive calories.
To celebrate Dunkin’ Donuts’ complete selection of DDSMART options for any taste, this month Dunkin’ Donuts is launching the “DDSMART Breakfast IDDentity Sweepstakes.”
Starting May 1, fans can visitwww.BreakfastID.com and take a quiz to determine which of Dunkin’ Donuts’ DDSMART breakfast sandwiches best suits their individual personality.
Throughout the daily entry periods, five people per day will receive a $10 mGift. A grand-prize winner will be selected to receive $500 toward a one-year gym membership and a $100 Dunkin’ Donuts Card to enjoy DDSMART food and beverages.