Dunkin’ Donuts, America’s all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods, announced that 46 new restaurants will be developed throughout Georgia over the next several years, with six franchise groups. The company remains on track for the development of 410–440 net new Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants in the U.S. in 2015.
The franchise groups and their development plans include:
· Existing franchise group, Ioan Donuts Holdings LLC plans to develop 20 restaurants in the greater Atlanta area. This group currently owns and operates 30 Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants in the Greater Atlanta area. Their next two locations are planned to open this month at 11250 Medlock Bridge Road in Johns Creek, Georgia, and 725 North Cobb Parkway in Marietta, Georgia, with two more expected to open before year-end.
· U Donuts LLC plans to develop 11 restaurants in Savannah, Georgia, with the first location planned to open next year, and the remainder by 2020. U Donuts is owned by existing franchisees Charles Cutler and Michael Ferreira, in conjunction with NFL players Sam Shields and Ricky Jean-Francois, as well as Al Scotti, Jay Goldman, and Sherard Rogers.
· Awale Investments Inc. plans to develop six restaurants in the greater Atlanta area. Led by Ahmed “Andy” Awale, this group’s first restaurant in Atlanta is planned to open in 2016, and the remainder by 2019.
· Existing franchise group, Dublin Donuts LLC plans to develop three restaurants in Dublin, Vidalia, and Statesboro, Georgia. The group currently owns and operates six Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants in Atlanta and Statesboro. Their next location is planned to open in winter 2015, and the remainder by 2018.
· Existing franchisees, Peter Patel and AJ Patel plan to develop four restaurants in Augusta. This duo currently owns and operates four Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants in the Augusta area, two of which are multi-brand units with sister brand Baskin-Robbins. Their next restaurant is planned to open in fall 2015, and the remainder by 2017.
· Existing franchisees, Bill Jones and Natalie Jones of Jones of Stark Properties LLC plan to develop two additional restaurants in Atlanta and Macon, Georgia. The duo currently owns and operates six Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants in the Atlanta area. The group plans to open two more locations in 2015 and have two planned for 2016 under a previous franchise agreement.
"We’re excited to continue our growth throughout Georgia with six passionate franchise groups, and look forward to the opening of several new restaurants before year-end,” says Grant Benson, CFE, vice president of global franchising and business development, Dunkin’ Brands. "We are thrilled these existing franchisees have chosen to expand their presence in the Georgia market, and know these new restaurants will satisfy a growing consumer demand for Dunkin' Donuts in the communities they serve.”
Currently, there are more than 150 Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants located throughout Georgia, and the company continues to recruit franchisees in Atlanta, Augusta, and Macon.
In an effort to keep the brand fresh and competitive, Dunkin’ Donuts offers flexible concepts for any real estate format including freestanding restaurants, end caps, in-line sites, gas and convenience, travel plazas, universities, as well as other retail environments.
Dunkin’ Donuts’ new look includes four distinct restaurant design options for franchisees, each featuring variations in layout, color schemes, graphics, textures, furniture, and/or lighting. The designs enhance the current restaurant appearance, environment and layout to serve people all day long. Unlike other quick-service restaurants, Dunkin’ Donuts allows franchisees to select individual elements from any of the four options, creating a restaurant design that reflects their personal tastes and preferences, and best serves their specific restaurant size and location.
Since the 1950s, Dunkin' Donuts has been a daily ritual for millions of people and has offered guests delicious food, beverages, and friendly service at a great value. Dunkin' Donuts offerings include hot coffee, iced coffee, flavored coffees, lattes, macchiato, Dunkin’ Donuts K-Cup pods, Coolatta frozen drinks, donuts, muffins, bagels, breakfast, and bakery sandwiches, and a DDSMART menu featuring better-for-you items.
The five times weekly e-newsletter that keeps you up-to-date on the latest industry news and additions to this website.