People can now run on Dunkin’ more quickly and conveniently than ever before, as Dunkin’ Donuts, America’s all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods, launched its first-ever mobile application for payment and gifting for iPhone, iPod Touch, and Android smartphones.
With the new Dunkin’ App, paying for food, beverages, and merchandise at Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants throughout the U.S. is as simple and speedy as scanning a smartphone using a mobile Dunkin' Donuts Card in-store or at the drive thru.
Additionally, with the app’s mGift feature, Dunkin’ Donuts becomes the first national coffee retailer to enable people to send virtual gift cards three ways—text, e-mail, and Facebook Connect.
The Dunkin’ App, available for free from the App Store and Google Play Store, connects guests to the brand with an exciting array of new tools and information to make any Dunkin’ run easier and faster, including:
• Purchase, manage, and reload a Dunkin’ Donuts Card:Guests can purchase a new mobile Dunkin’ Donuts Card (selecting from multiple designs for many occasions), add money to an existing card, and view all previous card transactions. The Dunkin’ Mobile App supports American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and PayPal.
• Pay right from the app using a virtual Dunkin’ Donuts Card:Guests can purchase Dunkin’ Donuts products with the Dunkin’ App by simply tapping the mobile Dunkin’ Donuts Card and presenting the screen to the crew member to be scanned. Balances are updated immediately after purchase.
• Send an mGift:Dunkin’ Donuts Cards can be sent to friends, family, or colleagues via e-mail, text, or Facebook. Dunkin’ Donuts is now the only national coffee retailer to offer people all of these options for sending an mGift. Dunkin’ Donuts Cards can be sent in denominations between $2 and $100.
• Locate the nearest Dunkin’ Donuts:A detailed restaurant locator makes it easy to find directions to and information about local Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants, including store hours, in-store Wi-Fi, drive-thru availability, and more.
• Find nutritional information:The Dunkin’ App makes nutritional facts available for guests’ favorite Dunkin’ Donuts menu items.
• Link to Dunkin’ Donuts’ social media communities: Dunkin' Donuts is actively engaged within leading social media channels, with more than 6.8 million Facebook fans and 160,000 Twitter followers. Easy links to “like” Dunkin’ Donuts on Facebook or follow @DunkinDonuts on Twitter can be found in the “Social” section of the Dunkin’ App.
“Dunkin’ Donuts is committed to developing and delivering technology that supports our growth and distinguishes our brand for offering the very best guest experience,” says Nigel Travis, Dunkin’ Brands CEO and Dunkin’ Donuts president, U.S. “Today’s launch of the new Dunkin’ Mobile App is an exciting and important day for both Dunkin’ Donuts’ guests and our franchisees.
“This is a clear example of our determination to invest in technologies that help us exceed our guests’ expectations and enable our franchisees to run their restaurants as efficiently and effectively as possible,” he says.
John Costello, Dunkin’ Brands chief global marketing and innovation officer, says the new Dunkin’ App enhances the Dunkin’ Donuts in-store experience for the brand’s on-the-go guests.
“With our new mobile app, we are enabling an entirely new level of speed and convenience for our guests that will further distinguish our brand throughout the country,” he says. “We know that our guests rely on their mobile devices now more than ever, and we are glad to provide them with this exciting new service in a way that is uniquely Dunkin’.”
To commemorate the Dunkin’ App launch, Dunkin’ Donuts will celebrated with special content on its new digital billboard in Times Square, its website, and social media channels.
On Twitter, Dunkin’ Donuts hosted “The Dunkin’ App Twitter Sweepstakes,” offering 20 lucky fans a chance to win a $50 mGift for tweeting @DunkinDonuts with the hashtag #DunkinApp an example of how Dunkin’ keeps them running while they’re on the go.