National Bagel Day is right around the corner on February 9, with Valentine’s Day quickly following. Einstein Bros. Bagels is celebrating these upcoming dates with special promotions as part of their new “Power of the Bagel” campaign, which seeks to remind folks that some of their favorite breakfast items, like bagels, are already a great source of protein.
- National Bagel Day (February 9): Einstein Bros. is celebrating National Bagel Day on Saturday, February 9 by giving away a free bagel and shmear with purchase.
- Valentine’s Day (February 14): Einstein Bros. is celebrating Valentine’s Day with heart-shaped bagels! From February 1-13, guests can pre-order any flavor of heart-shaped bagels by the half-dozen or dozen to enjoy with loved ones, or enjoy drop-in purchase of a plain or chocolate chip heart-shaped bagel on Valentine’s Day.
Einstein Bros. Bagels contain 9 - 17 grams of protein in each bagel, which is more protein than or equal to one large egg, three slices of turkey, one cup of two percent milk or two tablespoons of creamy peanut butter.
Einstein Bros. Bagels Harnesses the Power of The Bagel
Einstein Bros. Bagels is encouraging guests to learn about the power of the bagel, as each bagel offered on their menu has 9 or more grams of protein. In fact, twelve of the bagels offered on the menu consist of 10 grams or more, making the bagel a surprisingly nutritious breakfast option.
“Breakfast provides essential nutrients and it’s important to be sure your first meal includes protein,” says Registered Dietitian Kelly Springer, MS, RD, CDN. “Fortunately, you don’t have to search hard to do so. Some of your favorite breakfast items, like bagels, have more protein than most people realize."
The power of Einstein Bros. bagels is real, averaging 10 grams of protein. While bagels may not be comparable in other nutrients, any one bagel contains as much or more protein than a large egg, three slices of turkey, two tablespoons of creamy peanut butter, or one cup of two percent milk.
“The protein in Einstein Bros’ bagels is plant-based, coming primarily (95%) from enriched wheat flour," adds Kelly Springer, MS, RD, CDN. “The protein is naturally occurring in the wheat, primarily from the wheat gluten."
- The most popular bagel at Einstein Bros. Bagels, the Plain Bagel, contains 9 grams of protein, which is more protein than in a large egg (7 grams).
- The savory Everything Bagel includes 9 grams of wholesome protein, more than in 3 half-ounce slices of turkey (7grams).
- The sweet Blueberry Bagel is made with berry bits and contains 9 grams of protein, more than a cup of non-fat vanilla yogurt (8 grams).
- The 100 percent Whole Wheat Bagel is full of 10 grams of protein, more than found in two tablespoons of creamy peanut butter (8 grams).
- The wholesome and tasty Ancient Grain Bagel is made with a delicious mix of seeds, quinoa and flax, and provides 11 grams of protein, more than found in a cup of 2 percent milk (9 grams).
“Our Chocolate Chip Bagel has 9 grams of protein, the same as my favorite Clif Bar, Chocolate Chip,” says Tyler Ricks, president of Einstein Bros. Bagels. “Whether guests are looking for energy to power through their day or to fuel their workout, our bagels are a wholesome choice that don’t compromise taste.”