In an announcement to customers and partners, El Pollo Loco shared changes that the company is putting into effect to encourage social distancing in an effort to help contain the COVID-19 virus.
A statement from Bernard Acoca, president & Chief Executive Officer at El Pollo Loco: “Families are at the heart of everything we do, so as we continue to experience the unprecedented impact of the Coronavirus [COVID-19] in our communities, we want to share some immediate actions we have taken to protect you.”
Acoca continues, “Although the USDA and FDA have found no link between transmission of Coronavirus and food and food packaging, safety remains a top priority for El Pollo Loco.”
El Pollo Loco has taken immediate action to ensure the safety of its employees and customers as the world continues to experience the impact of Coronavirus. To help assure the company is doing everything possible to safeguard the health of their restaurant employees and customers, the following has been implemented:
El Pollo Loco locations currently remain open to receive customers’ orders in restaurant and drive-thrus, as well as pickup and delivery via El Pollo Loco’s website and mobile app.
- Increased frequency of sanitizing all surfaces throughout our restaurants.
- In addition to kitchen team members, cashiers are now wearing gloves.
- Temporarily closed the salsa bar. Fresh salsa is now served directly from the front counter.
- More rigorously sanitize dine-in service trays.
- Require even more frequent handwashing for team members.
- Delivery bags continue to be sealed and tamper-free for your safety.
El Pollo Loco will also be offering customers free delivery fees on Grubhub orders at participating locations from March 25 to April 7 to make it easier to enjoy a meal at home.