Recommended For You
Groupon announced the launch of Breadcrumb POS, a free iPad app that enables quick-service eateries, salons, spas, and retail merchants to replace their cash registers with an easy-to-use solution that offers local businesses a low-price guarantee.
Breadcrumb POS expands the number of merchants served by the company’s Breadcrumb family of POS products from restaurants and bars to include all brick-and-mortar businesses.
In addition to having a cost-effective hardware package, Breadcrumb POS comes with Breadcrumb Payments,a service that offers:
- Rates of only 1.8 percent, plus $0.15 per transaction (MasterCard, Visa, and Discover) with no hidden costs or monthly fees
- Free processing on first $5,000 in credit card transactions (promotional offer)
Breadcrumb POS comes with the following benefits:
- Fast and Easy Setup:Download the free app, sign up for a payments account, connect a card swiper and optional printer, and begin using an iPad to process transactions within minutes
- Powerful Features:Everything local businesses need to operate more efficiently and deliver outstanding customer service—log cash transactions, accept credit card payments, print or e-mail receipts, calculate multiple tax rates, manage menu items, view transaction history, and issue refunds
- Next-Day Deposits: In addition to low rates on credit card processing fees, merchants will receive their deposits within 24 hours
- Business Insights:View in-depth, real-time reports on product mix, daily and monthly sales, past customer purchases, and deposit records
- Free Live Support:Breadcrumb POS customers receive 24/7 phone technical assistance from a dedicated team of specialists
“With this launch, we can help every local business replace their outdated cash registers with a modern, affordable, money-saving tool that allows them to save on credit card transaction fees and run their businesses better,” says Mihir Shah, vice president of Merchant OS. “The successful adoption of Breadcrumb Pro by restaurants and bars has been very encouraging, with some of the finest venues in the country using it to run their businesses. As a result, we decided to launch Breadcrumb POS and bring the power and simplicity of this product to more merchants.”
Akansha Khosla, manager of Rick’s Ice Cream in Palo Alto, California, says, “What attracted us the most to Breadcrumb POS was how easy it was to install and use. It enables us to speed up transactions during busy periods and easily calculate reports at the end of the day.”