Hardee’s announced on October 28 the launch of the #HardeesBiscuitChallenge, seeking out the next mouth-watering, made-from-scratch biscuit recipe straight from its fans. As part of its heritage, the restaurant knows a great idea can come from anywhere, as seen with the new Southwest Omelet Biscuit and Burrito, created by a Hardee’s employee.
Hardee’s is calling on its fans to submit their handcrafted, hometown biscuit innovations on Instagram and Twitter using #HardeesBiscuitChallenge. The Hardee’s team of culinary innovators will pick one winner to receive a years’ worth of Hardee’s Made-from-Scratch Sausage Biscuits, and the chance to have their biscuit added to Hardee’s menus across the country*, and two-honorable mentions will also receive a prize.
Entrants will be judged on the following criteria:
- Handcrafted: Leverages Hardee’s real ingredients and pairs well with made-from-scratch biscuits.
- Hometown Comfort: Exciting twists on hometown favorites.
- Innovation: Don’t be afraid to suggest something new, and exciting, a new form of your favorite breakfast food.
“The Hardee’s community is inspirational—from hometown flavors to employee creations to its passionate fan base – which is why we’re calling on our fans everywhere to submit the ultimate biscuit recipe,” says Jenna Folk, senior director of Hardee’s Brand Marketing. “Our customers know and love the brand for our hand-crafted, unexpected originals. This challenge gives fans the chance to contribute their take on the Hardee’s values—and bring their unique creativity to develop the next great biscuit.”
The #HardeesBiscuitChallenge is inspired by Bill Hopper, Hardee’s district manager from Wichita, Kansas, who developed the recent menu additions through a contest with Hardee’s franchisee Capstone Restaurant Group.
- The Southwest Omelet Biscuit: A fluffy folded omelet filled with cheddar cheese, pickled jalepeños, and Applewood smoked bacon, topped with melted American cheese, and served on a made-from-scratch biscuit.
- The Southwest Omelet Burrito: Two fluffy folded omelets filled with cheddar cheese, pickled jalapeños and Applewood smoked bacon, topped with more cheddar cheese and served in a soft warm tortilla.
The Hardee’s culinary team took Bill’s inspiration and created the following items to round out these amazing Southwest offerings:
- Southwest Patty Melt: New hotter and juicier 100 percent Black Angus patty, charbroiled over an open flame, topped with grilled onions, pickled jalapeños and melted pepper jack cheese served on buttery toasted sourdough.
- Jalapeño Cheddar Fries: Crispy natural cut fries topped with aged cheddar sauce and pickled jalapeños. Available in small, medium and large.
Hardee’s new Southwest-inspired menu items are currently available for a limited time at participating Hardee’s. Learn more about the Hardee’s Biscuit Challenge and how to enter at https://www.ckesocialmediarules.com/. Contest ends November 6, 2019.