The Honey Baked Ham Company launched its new Pumpkin Spice Glazed Turkey Breast (PSG TB) for a limited time. The food retailer combined a pumpkin spice flavor with its signature glaze to bring a new sweet and crunchy topping to the popular Turkey Breast offering just in time for fall.
In preparation for the limited time PSG TB offering, HoneyBaked partnered with OnePoll to understand the experiences and flavors that make up consumers’ favorite seasons. The results reinforced that the demand for fall flavors starts now.
- 69 percent agree fall has the best seasonal flavors; in fact, 70 percent of people agree pumpkin spice is an essential part of the fall season
- 65 percent of people said pumpkin spice flavors should be available August through October; and 15 percent want the flavor to be available all year
- 59 percent said spending time with family and friends for gatherings is a favorite fall activity; and 71% of respondents said they feel disappointed when they miss out on an experience
“The data proves America’s affinity for all things fall, especially the flavors and traditions that make it a favorite time of year,” says Jo Ann Herold, chief marketing officer at The Honey Baked Ham Company. “We added pumpkin spice to our signature glaze to bring two fall flavors together in a delicious combination creating our Pumpkin Spice Glazed Turkey Breast. Just another way for all the pumpkin spice fans to enjoy the flavor this season.”
The pumpkin spice craze has heightened year after year – so much that people are willing to go to extreme lengths to keep fall flavors around all year. Here is what pumpkin spice lovers are willing to do:
- 27 percent would give up their smart phone for a year
- 27 percent of people would go a month without Internet access
- 28 percent would shave their head bald
- 30 percent would give up social media for a month
Although pumpkin spice products have become more popular, 51 percent of people have never tried an unconventional pumpkin spice item. HoneyBaked is here to expand people’s horizons with its unique fall flavor mashup.
The Pumpkin Spice Glazed Turkey Breast is available roasted or smoked, fully cooked, pre-sliced and ready to serve. It can be purchased at HoneyBaked locations (excluding California) through October 31, while supplies last.
HoneyBaked’s PSG TB is also sold as part of their Winner Winner Turkey Dinner complete meal which includes the Pumpkin Spice Glazed Turkey Breast, two heat-and-serve sides like cheesy potatoes au gratin and Tuscan-style broccoli, and dinner rolls.